Chapter 21

Ava's POV:

I walked out of the bathroom to find Alyssa on Nathan's lap, making out with him.

"What are you doing Nathan?" I asked, tears forming in the corners of my eyes.

"He pulled me on to him! It's not my fault!" Alyssa whined as she got off his lap. I ran out of the Starbucks crying, wanting to be anywhere but here. Once I had run down the road to the Wendy's parking lot, I broke down.

Why would he do that? Was he cheating on me the whole time?

A car pulled up in the parking spot next to me, even though the rest of the pot was pretty much empty.

"Is there anything I can do for-" The person said as he started rolling down the window. Once he got a good look at who I was, he gasped. It was Mason.

"Ava?" He exclaimed. He jumped out of the car and picked me up bridal style. "What's wrong?"

He put me in the passenger seat of his car.

"Well, we were at Starbucks, and Nathan-" I explained before bursting into tears again.

"Shhhh. It's okay. You're safe now." He consoled me.

"Thanks." I said while sniffling.

"It's no problem."

* * * * *

After getting back to Mason's house, we went up to his room. He brought in some tissues for me too.

"If you want, you can take a shower. It's down the hall and to the left." He instructed. "And if you need anything, just let me know."

"Thanks Mason." I said for what felt like the millionth time. "I'm going to go take a shower. Don't get any ideas." I said, pointing a finger at him.

"Gasp! I would never dream of such a thing!" He exclaimed.

"Did you seriously just say the word 'gasp'?" I asked.

"Yup." He replied.

"I'll be right back." I said.

* * * * *

Nathan's POV:

"Alyssa! What the f*ck?" I exploded.

"I was only-" I cut her off.

"I don't want to hear it. I'm done, Alyssa! Ever since you came, you made my life a living hell. Go make your own friends! Go ruin someone else's life!"

Just then, Aiden walked out of the bathroom and mouthed some words to Alyssa.

"Was this, planned?" I asked, enraged. "Is that why you nodded over my shoulder? And why you kept glancing back there?"

"No! I would never-" I cut her off again.

"Do me a favor. Never. Talk. To. Me. Again! I don't want you in my life anymore. You've already ruined enough!" I yelled.

I walked away from Alyssa, who had started crying. I knew that cry. It was a fake cry. She wanted me to turn around and say that everything was okay and we were still friends. She knew whenever she cried, I gave in. Well not this time.

I pushed open the doors forcefully, and walked to my car.

Where is Ava?