Chapter 16

Ava's POV:

I got to the park around 7:55. Right on time. I walked around, looking for Nathan. He was nowhere in sight. All I saw was a trail of lantern things. Maybe he set those out as a trail.

I decided to follow the lantern trail. It led into a forested area. Still following them three minutes later, I found a clearing where a blanket and food had been laid out on the ground. Lanterns were surrounding it. Right in the middle, Nathan was sitting.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

I was speechless. Nobody had ever done something so nice for me before!

"I-I-I love it!" I stuttered. I walked over to Nathan and sat next to him, still amazed at what he had set up.

How did you do this?" I mumbled, looking around. Lanterns had been hung in the trees, placed on the ground, they were everywhere.

"Oh, it was easy. I got everyone to help set this up." He answered.

"Who is considered 'everyone'? I asked.

"Jack, Mason, Marie, and Alyssa. Even though all Alyssa did was stand around and mope." Nathan replied.

"Well thank you. Nobody has ever done something so nice for me." I said.

"It's no problem. Now, want some food?" He asked.

"Um, yes! I will never say no to food." I told him.

"Okay, let's see what we have."

* * * * *

The rest of the evening went by fast. We mostly watched the stars and talked to each other.

"There's the Big Dipper." Nathan pointed out.

"And there's the Little Dipper!" I said.

* * * * *

"Tonight went by so fast." I pouted.

"I know, but I have one more thing to say before you go. Well it's more of a question but whatever." He said.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"