Chapter 10

Nathan's POV:

We decided to skip going to school Thursday and Friday. She was planning on just staying home Thursday, but I insisted on Friday too. It was like a five day weekend!

For three days straight, we did nothing but eat and watch Netflix on the couch. It was great.

Everyday during lunch, Ava and I would get tons of phone calls from our lunch table. They would all just say 'get better soon!' and hang up.

On Sunday, we decided to get up and go eat somewhere. She really wanted to go to IHOP and I really wanted to go to Wendy's. After about 15 minutes of arguing over which is better, I caved in and drove us to IHOP.

"Hello, my name is Alex. I will be your server today. Can I start you off with a drink?" The waitress said.

"I would like a sweet tea." Ava said.

"And I would like the same." I said.

"Two sweet teas, coming up!" Alex said as she walked away.

After we got our drinks, we ordered.

"I'm going to get the cupcake pancakes." Ava ordered.

"I'm going to get the strawberry crepes." I ordered.

"Okay, I will bring your food out as soon as possible." The waitress said.

"So, how are you doing today?" I asked Ava.

"I'm fine." She replied as she stirred her straw around in the tea.

"You don't look fine." I said.

"I don't want to go to school and face him again!" She said after a few moments of quiet.

"I can get Mrs. Randal to switch partners for you." I told her.

"No, I mean like at lunch or in the halls. I don't know if I can see him without-" She started crying.

"Ava. It's gonna be okay. Don't worry. I'll protect you." I reassured her as I wiped a tear off her face from across the table.

"Here are your strawberry crepes." The waitress said as she put down a big plate of delicious food for me.

"And here are your cupcake pancakes." She said. "Enjoy your food!"

"You're just a big kid inside, aren't you?" I said while laughing. She had already begun stuffing her face with the rainbow colored pancakes.

Once we were done eating, we went back home to watch more Netflix. We finished binge-watching 13 Reasons Why and started watching Riverdale.

She was so cute curled up next to me. I put my arm around her tiny frame.

Nobody was going to hurt her again.

Ever.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, it's the author. I just need to ask a few things.

1. What should some more names be? I can't think of any new character names but want to put in more people.

2. How long should this story be?

3. I'm running out of ideas for the plot. What's another dramatic idea that I could put into the story?

Thanks and enjoy the story!

-Skylar