Chapter 5

Ava's POV:

"Okay, I trust you. But if I spit it back up on you it's your fault!" I threatened him. That's when someone walked in. Some one I absolutely hated.

My ex.

Aiden was a tall, muscular, basketball player with blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. He made eye contact with me as he walked by to his seat. He chose to sit in the back corner so he could see my booth clearly.

My mood changed drastically. Nathan noticed.

"Hey. What's bothering you?" He asked.

"Nothing." I mumbled.

"It's obviously something. But if you don't feel comfortable telling me, I won't bug you." He said.

"My ex is here." I said, trying not to glare in his direction.

"Oh. Do you want to leave? We can take this to-go if you want." He asked.

"No, it's fine. Let's just finish eating." I said exhaling.

"Okay." He said.

We finished our food, surprisingly it was really good, and went to the bathroom. Someone was in the girl's bathroom already, so I waited outside. Nathan went to the guy's bathroom across the room.

"Hey beautiful." Aiden said as he walked up next to me.

"Don't call me that." I said. He scooted closer.

"Oh come on. You know you want me." He said as he put his hand on my thigh.

"Get your hand off of me!" I yelled as I pushed him away.

"I love it when you're angry. It turns me on." He said in a deep voice.

"Get away from me!" I said as I started walking away. He grabbed my wrist.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked.

"Away from you!" I said as I tried to pull away from him. His grip never loosened.

"Feisty. Just how I like 'em." He said. He tried to pull me toward him but at that moment, Nathan came out of the bathroom.

"What's going on?" He asked. "Is this man bothering you?"

"No, I was-" Aiden started. He was cut off by Nathan's angry voice.

"I didn't ask you." He said. "Is he bothering you?"

I nodded in reply. Tears had started streaking down my face. Nathan walked up to Aiden and punched him in the face. He fell to the floor, hitting his head on the side of a chair. As soon as he was down, Nathan straddled him and threw punch after punch.

"Don't. You. Ever. Touch. Her. Again." Nathan said between punches. Aiden tried to hit back, but he was already too weak to do any damage.

"Ow! Stop! Please!" Aiden whimpered. Finally, Nathan got up after throwing one last punch.

"Now get out of here." He commanded. Aiden limped out of the diner with a black eye and multiple cuts and bruises on his face.

"This isn't the last time you'll see me!" He spat as he left.

"You okay Princess?" Nathan asked as he scanned me, looking for any injuries.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied. I noticed the nickname he used. I don't think he even realized he said that.

"No, you're not fine after what happened. Come on. Let's go home." He said. We walked out to his car and drove away. When we finally got home, it was dark out.

"I'm gonna get changed." I called over my shoulder as I walked into the house. I chose my oversized Shawn Mendez t-shirt and some sweatpants. I brushed my teeth and went looking for Nathan. He was on the couch watching football.

"Oh, there you are." He said. I sat down next to him and grabbed the remote, switching it to the cooking channel.

"Hey! I was watching football!" He said.

"Not anymore." I replied, smirking.

We watched about 4 episodes of Cake Wars. Around the 2nd episode, I snuggled up next to Nathan. He put his arm around me as I started crying.

"Hey. It's okay. You're safe with me." He reassured me.

"I'm sorry." I apologized.

"Princess, why are you sorry? He grabbed your arm. Not the other way around. He doesn't deserve someone like you." He said. "Look at me. You did nothing wrong. Okay?"

"Okay."

I hugged him and went back to snuggling next to his warm body.