Chapter 17

Nathan's POV:

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked. I was scared to hear her response.

Ava started nodding her head, but barely.

"Yes!" She whispered.

"Yes?" I asked, not sure if I heard correctly.

"Yes!" She said louder. "Yes yes yes yes! Yes!"

"Thank god!" I said excitedly. I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around me.

"Does this mean I can call you my boyfriend?" She asked teasingly.

"Only if I can call you my girlfriend!" I responded.

We drove home in a happy silence. Once she took her shower and changed into her comfy clothes, we watched a rom-com movie together.

When the three hours of torture were over, it was well past midnight.

"I'm gonna go to sleep now. Goodnight!" Ava yawned as she walked off to her room.

"Goodnight!" I yelled. "And don't forget tomorrow's Wednesday!"

* * * * *

Ava's POV:

*beep* *beep* *beep* *BEEP* *BEEP*

Ugh. Morning already? I hit the snooze button before realizing what time it was.

8:39! Sh*t!

I was so tired from last night that I slept through my alarm. I jumped out of bed and scrambled to get ready. I noticed there was a post-it-note on my nightstand.

I didn't want to wake you up, you looked so peaceful sleeping. I went ahead and went to school.  There is a pancake in the fridge if you want it
-Nathan, your new boyfriend ;) 

I have a feeling he's gonna say that a lot now, just to mess with me.

I rushed to the kitchen and grabbed the pancake out of the fridge. I didn't even bother heating it up before shoving it in my face.

So. Freakin. Hungry.

After eating, I ran out the door and walked/ran to school. I made it around 9:00.

"Sorry I'm late!" I apologized to Mr. Key.

"Just get in your seat young lady." He grumbled. None of my friends were in this class except for Mason. We sat next to each other and passed notes throughout the whole class. I don't think he knew Nathan asked me out.

'So how was last night?'

'It was awesome! Thank you soooooo much!'

'It was Nathan's idea. We just helped.'

'Still. Anyway, how much longer is this class?'

* * * * *

I walked to lunch with Nathan. We were holding hands.

"I missed my partner in Mrs. Randal's class." He said with a fake pout.

"Awe, I'm sorry babe." I said with emphasis on the last word. "We need to come up with cute pet names for each other!"

"Why not the normal babe or sweetheart?" Nathan asked.

"How about schnookums?" I asked sarcastically.

"I really hope you're being sarcastic right now." He said.

We walked to the cafeteria and sat at our usual table.

"Hey guys. Meet my new girlfriend." Nathan greeted everyone.

"AHHHHH!" Gabby and Marie screamed as they came up to me and hugged me.

"Good pick dude. She's hot as hell!" Mason said to Nathan like his usual self. "Not that I'm interested."

"Yeah. Good job man!" Jack said, slapping Nathan on the back.

"What's going on here?"