Chapter 3

Ava's POV:

I hate not being able to provide for myself, so as soon as I finished breakfast, I applied to a bunch of jobs. One was a waitressing job, one was a secretary, one was a fast food worker. I just needed a way to get money and finish out college. Then I could move out of Nathan's house.

"You ready to turn in some applications?" Nathan asked as we parked outside the first building.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I replied.

* * * * *

After a tiresome day of job applications, Nathan and I headed home.

"You have to get at least one of them!" Nathan said, almost as tired as I was.

"Hopefully." I replied.

When we got home, I crashed on the couch and immediately fell asleep.

"Wow. You must have been tired!" Nathan said to my already sleeping self. "I guess I'm gonna have to carry you to your bed."

He picked me up without waking me and carried me into my room. He set me on the bed and pulled the covers up on me.

"You're so pretty when you're asleep. And every other moment." He whispered. "Goodnight."

He left my room and shut the door behind himself.

Nathan's POV:

I was falling for this girl. Hard. And she had no idea. Even if she did, I'm not sure she would feel the same. We don't even know each other that well. Anyway, I headed back to my room and changed into my sweatpants. When I glanced in the mirror, I flexed my arm muscles. I went to the gym about three times every week to achieve this body. I climbed in bed and fell asleep.

* * * * *

The next morning, I woke up to find Ava cooking breakfast.

"What time is it?" I asked groggily, rubbing my eyes.

"It's 10:23 sleepyhead." She replied. "Here, sit. I made breakfast."

I sat and she put the plate in front of me.

"I wouldn't call myself a sleepyhead, since I believe it was you who fell asleep on the couch." I joked. She blushed.

"So how did I end up in my bed then?" She asked in a playful way.

"I carried you." I replied. When I said that, she blushed even more.

"You're cute when you blush." I said, also in a playful way. By now, her cheeks were as red as a tomato.

"I'm gonna go shopping now." She said while stuffing her red cheeks with the rest of her food.

"I can drive you if you want." I offered. "Where do you want to go?"

"The mall." She answered.

"Okay. Get dressed and hurry up. I'm coming with you."