Chapter 13

Ava's POV:

"I don't think your friend likes me." I pouted as we drove to school.

"I think she was just a little intimidated by you or something." He replied.

"Well she's really possessive of you." I said.

"Her parents aren't together anymore. She's probably scared about losing me too. Give her a chance. Please?" He asked while giving me a puppy dog look.

"How could I say no to that face?" I said.

"Also, can we meet at the park around 8:00? There's something I need to ask you." He asked.

"Okay. Why can't you just ask me now?" I said. I was starting to get suspicious.

"Because. It's a secret." He whispered in a stupid voice. I giggled.

"Fine. But only because I want to talk to you too." I gave in.

"Yes! See you then!" He said excitedly. Once he parked, he practically jumped out of the car and ran to his guy friends. I walked over to my girls.

"Listen up. Nathan wants me to meet him at the park at 8:00 tonight!" I squealed.

"Oooh yes! Maybe he'll finally ask you out!" Gabby said.

"Yassss girl! You're finally gonna get a boyfriend!" Marie yelled.

"Shhhh! He's right over there!" I whispered and glanced over to his group. He was talking animatedly with his friends and his back was to me. I don't think he heard.

"Sorry! But you're gonna get a boyfriend!" Marie whispered.

"I'm so proud of you sweetie!" Gabby said. "Group hug!"

I got squished in the middle of a giant hug.

"Oh! I want in!" I heard one of the guys say.

"I wanna be squished by a bunch of hot girls!" I heard Mason yell. Soon, all the guys had joined in for no reason at all.

"So, why are we hugging everyone?" Jack asked.

"You tell me. You're the one who said they want in first!" Gabby retorted.

"Oh yeah, right." Jack said, scratching his neck.

"Whatever. Let's go to class." I broke out of the hug.

"Jack totally likes you Gabby." I said as I opened my locker. Gabby and Marie were standing around me waiting.

"You really think so?" Gabby asked.

"Yeah, I do!" Marie butted in. Gabby had always had a crush on Jack and we all knew that.

"Maybe he'll ask you out soon too!" Marie said.

The bell rang.

"We should get to class before we're too late." I suggested.

"Okay, let's go." Gabby said. I could tell she was thinking about something, or someone.

* * * * *

Nathan's POV:

It was finally lunch. I was dreading it today, since I knew Alyssa would want me to show her around. I tried to avoid her, but as I was standing in line, she snuck up behind me.

"Hey Nathan!" She said as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Oh. Hey Alyssa." I said, trying to detach her arms from me. "What do you want?"

"You promised to show me your friends!" She reminded me.

"Oh yeah. Well can I order my food first?" I asked. She was starting to get on my nerves.

"Fine." She pouted. "But I'm cutting the line to be next to you."

After what felt like hours of listening to her constant chatter, I finally ordered my lunch and sat down at my table. She was right behind me the whole time.

"Guys, this is Alyssa. Alyssa, this is Ava, Gabby, Marie, Jack, and Mason." I said, pointing to the respective person.

"Oh, hey Alyssa." Ava said.

"Oh, hi." Alyssa said as she glared at Ava.

Ava started whispering to Gabby and Marie. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but I had a feeling it was about Alyssa.

"I hope you guys aren't talking about me." Alyssa said as she gave each of the girls a glare. They stopped talking, but started texting each other on their group chat.

Today couldn't have gone worse.