Chapter Thirty-four

Here it is :) Sorry if its short! Enjoy :D

Chapter 34

Blazeheart peeked through the ferns. He had finally arrived at MistyClan camp. Strange, he thought. The cat on night duty.. where was he or she? This was easier than what Blazeheart thought. Still, he had to be cautious. 

He silently dart under the shadows, whiffing the air, trying to find Firestorm’s scent. He stopped outside a den, and sniffed the ground. The scent of Mistystar. Wrong den. He cursed. He wished Leaf-bare was over. He hated walking through the snow. 

He paused when he reached the entrance of another den. Bigger, this time. He peeked through the entrance, and smiled to himself when he caught the fire-coated she-cat. Luckily she was near the entrance to the left side. “Firestorm!” he whispered. “Firestorm!” he whispered again, this time louder than before.

A few cats started to twitch in their sleep. Blazeheart froze. If a cat caught him like this, he or she will alert the clan! But he had to do this. He wanted to talk to Firestorm about what his mother had said to him. “Firestorm!” 

This time, the ginger she-cat squirmed. “Who’s there?” she meowed sleepily. Blazeheart stretch out a paw and poked her. He watched as her eyes widened, then narrowed into slits. She stood up, and carefully walked over her clanmates’ sleeping bodies. 

Once the two were outside, behind the den, Blazeheart padded forward and nuzzle her cheek. Firestorm, however, just flinched and didn’t respond. “I missed you,” Blazeheart mumbled into her ear. Firestorm didn’t reply. “There’s something I need to tell you.” Blazeheart meowed, a little confused Firestorm wasn’t looking at him with love.

She just stared at him as if he was nothing more important than a tree. “My mother Cloudstorm came to me in a dream,” Blazeheart whispered, his gaze still on hers. “She said something about four cats rising into power, respect, and two will turn evil.” 

“Why are you telling me this?” Blazeheart took a step back at the coldness of her words. “I-I wanted to see you too,” He whispered. He tried to rub against her. Firestorm let out a hiss when he accidently hit the side of her belly with his paw.

“That hurt!” she snarled and drew backwards. “What’s wrong?” Blazeheart meowed, his eyes full of pain. “Blazeheart,” Firestorm drew in a breath. “I have something to tell you too.” 

Firestorm paused. Blazeheart waited anxiously. “You don’t think that this–” “Yes. I think that we should stop this.” “Stop what?” “This. The meetings, like this for example. Please,” Firestorm begged as Blazeheart watched, pain filling his heart. 

“Firestorm, I love you..” “Stop it! Just, stop.” Blazeheart felt as if a million thorns had struck him. “But why..” “Because,” Firestorm met his gaze again, this time as if she felt the pain Blazeheart had felt. “I am expecting your kits.” Blazeheart gasped. Firestorm expecting his kits? He was going to be a father! 

“Oh, that’s wonderful, Firestorm!” he whispered and love filled his eyes. “Our kits will the greatest and–” “No,” Firestorm hissed. “Don’t you get it? There is no ‘our’ or even ‘us’ anymore. There never will be ever again! I don’t want my kits to be raised with divided loyalties! What will happen if you meet them in battle one day?” Firestorm let out a cry. “Do you want that to happen? Do you?” 

Blazeheart couldn’t speak. She said 'my kits', not our kits. He was frozen to his spot. “Firestorm, please, I–” “I’m sorry, Blazeheart.” Firestorm spoke, this time her voice strong once again. “We are no longer mates anymore.” 

There was a dead silence. Then, Blazeheart turned away. “As you wish,” he whispered. Every word hung in the air. “I will leave you and.. your kits alone." The word your was forced. "But remember this. I will always love you, Firestorm.” Blazeheart whispered. He padded away from Firestorm, the grief inside him twisted in his heart.

He and Firestorm both know that he will never stop loving her.