Chapter Thirty-one

So sorry for the long wait. :) Sorry if this chapter is short! I had only 15 minutes to write this! 

Chapter 31

She just couldn’t believe what just happened. Something dreadful appeared in her mind from that single movement.. She couldn’t.. she just.. she can’t! Firestorm ran. She ran, and ran, and ran, away from her clan, away from her clanmates.

No, no! I can’t be! Firestorm stopped and collapsed to one side, panting heavily. She looked up and a shiver went down her spine. “Firestorm?” Firestorm’s eyes widened. The familiar blue-gray pelt of her leader stood in front, a questioning look spread across her face. “Are you okay?”

Firestorm was frozen to the spot. She couldn’t speak. She couldn’t even blink. How was she supposed to tell her leader about that slight movement in her belly she just felt a few moments ago? 

Firestorm dreaded the day she ever met the ginger tom. Why did she ever agreed to meet him by the river? Why did she meet him again? She knew it would happen sometime, but now? She never thought it would happen to her! Yet she was foolish enough to meet him a third time, and to be caught by her apprentice! “Firestorm?”

Firestorm break from her thoughts, standing up. She locked gazes with Mistystar steadily, trying to hide the fear. “I’m.. I’m okay,” she meowed breathlessly, dropping her leader’s icy gaze to her paws. 

“Are you sure?” the old leader drew forward. “You seem unusually.. tired and.. shocked? What happened?” Firestorm took a step back. “N-nothing, Mistystar. Nothing!” Mistystar narrowed her pale blue eyes, clearly not approving her Lead was not telling the truth. 

“Okay,” the blue-gray she-cat finally meow after a lengthy silence. “If something’s bothering you, please tell me. I never thought the job of a Lead was too hard..” Firestorm’s eyes widened. 

“No!” she gasped. “No,” she repeated quietly, feeling hot as Mistystar tilt her head. “Okay.” Mistystar finally meowed. Her pale blue eyes dulled as she spoke. “But if you do have a problem, please do tell me what it is.” 

Firestorm flinched. Her leader trusted her. So what will happen when she finds out she’s expecting kits? 

Firestorm nodded to her leader. “I will,” she lied. She hated lying to her own grandmother and leader. Her leader dipped her head, mumbling a few words to herself as she padded past Firestorm. 

Firestorm tiredly fall to her feet, grumbling to herself. She should have never met Blazeheart! Maybe if she didn’t, this might not have happened. Firestorm picked herself up, noticing she was unusually tired. 

Maybe that’s how she-cats feel when they are expecting? she thought to herself. As Firestorm padded slowly back to the direction of camp, she heard a few hushed voices and pricked her ears.

“.. when are we..” “.. tonight..” “Good.. they’ll never..” “I’ll see.. later..” Firestorm narrowed her eyes as she dropped into a hunting crouch and stalked towards the voices that was coming from a few bushes ahead of her. 

She quietly peaked and her eyes widened double their sizes. It was Thrushwing with a dark brown tabby she didn’t recognized. The tom had a sturdy body—he looked like a leader.. he made Thrushwing look small who was standing beside him. 

Firestorm lifted her muzzle and tasted the air for the scent of the tabby. She let out a small gasp as she realized it was the scent of SunClan.

This time I'm not gonna ask for how many reads, votes, or comments for the time being. I think I'll decide on watching it grow. :)

I think Sunstar's History will be the next update, so stay tuned!