Chapter Fourteen

Woop! Woop! Two chapters in a day, kiddies~

Chapter Fourteen

“Blazeheart, you were a great mentor to Duskpelt. She has become a loyal warrior. Now I trust you again to pass your greatness and skills to your new apprentice—Dawnpaw.” Blazeheart watch his leader rest his muzzle on the she-cat’s head. After they broke apart, the newly named apprentice jumped down from the high rock and touched noses with him.

Blazeheart gave his new apprentice a nod. Dawnpaw’s sister, Graypaw, was standing beside her new mentor Bearclaw. “Oh, before everyone goes, there is something I want to tell the Clan.” Sunstar called out as many cats turn to face him again. As Swiftrose jumped up and sat next to Sunstar, Blazeheart heard a hiss behind him.

“She has no right to be up there,” Owlfur snarled. “Doesn’t mean she is Sunstar’s mate means that she gets to go up there!” Blazeheart huffed and sigh. “I am no longer the mate of Owlfur, anymore,” Swiftrose’s shrill mew echoed around camp. “Sunstar is now my mate.”

The clan was erupted with meows of confusion. Blazeheart turned around and noticed that Owlfur showed no emotion, even though his claws were unsheathed. “Yes,” Swiftrose meowed to Sunstar, who was nodding. “Dawnpaw and Graypaw are his kits, and not Owlfur’s kits.” Dawnpaw and Graypaw’s mouth were hanging. They couldn’t believe it!

“What about Bearclaw and Stormpaw?” A cat yowled from the back of the gathering. “Are they Sunstar’s, too?” “No!” this time, Owlfur yowled. “They are my kits. Swiftrose is a coward to not tell me about Dawnpaw and Graypaw after they were born,” he growled at the newly-made apprentices, and Dawnpaw shrank behind Blazeheart, who snarled protectively at Owlfur.

“They have nothing to do with this,” Sunstar growled from the high-rock. “Swiftrose and I have been secretly meeting each other for a moon,” Sunstar admitted. “What?” Owlfur snarled. He leaped up the high-rock beside Sunstar. With a push of his mighty broad shoulders, Owlfur sent Sunstar and Swiftrose down from the high-rock.

Swiftrose let out a piercing yowl as she hit the ground, and Sunstar landed on his shoulder. A soft crack was heard and Brackenfur and Willowstripe hurried over to them, their jaws filled with herbs. “Owlfur! Get down from there!” Sandwhisker hissed.

The pale ginger Lead Warrior snarled at the brown tom. Brackenfur looked up and flattened his ears at Owlfur, his teeth baring a soundless snarl. Blazeheart stood up. “Owlfur,” He snarled. “Get down from there right now.” Blazeheart bared his fangs. “You’ve just injured our leader and his mate. Get. Down. Right. Now.” But Owlfur didn’t move.

“H-half-clan..!” Sunstar whispered weakly. The whole clan gasp. “Half-clan?” Blazeheart blinked. “Owlfur.. is half-clan,” Sunstar meowed as he push himself up, balancing himself on a paw, while the rest of his body was on the ground. “His mother was the traitorous she-cat who attack his father and killed his brother.”

Sunstar look up to face Owlfur, whose eyes were widened. “What?” Gasps could be heard around the two cats. Sunstar bowed his head. “I shouldn’t had let him stay and become ambitious like his mother. I know. I was wrong.” He whispered. Owlfur narrowed his eyes. “Well let me tell you something, Sunstar, and cats of SunClan.” Owlfur jumped down from the high-rock. “My mother is Rainfur, yes, and my father is Shadefoot of DarkClan.”

So sorry its short, again..