Chapter Seven (Chocorose and Icestorm18)

OMG! TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY! And this is a long one, to make up for the long time I haven't posted chapters! ;)
I have put Cougarheart, Freezefire, and Icekit in this story, but for a short part only :s
Still working on it ^^"
:D Enjoy, guys~~

Firestorm

Firestorm padded quietly into camp. Thrushwing was standing by the camp entrance, staring at her when she brought back a squirrel. “Where did you go?” He asked, eyeing the squirrel she caught. “I,” Firestorm meowed through squirrel fur. “Went hunting,”

Thrushwing lock gazes with her. “In the middle of the night? Yeah, I doubt that, Firestorm,” Before Firestorm could blink, Thrushwing snatch the squirrel away from her. “Hey!” Firestorm snarled. Thrushwing smirked. “This is my kill now, Firestorm,” He started to walk to the fresh-kill pile.

Firestorm hissed. “Give it back!” She ran towards him and leaped on him, pinning him down on the sandy floor of camp. “Give. Me. Back. My. Squirrel.” Firestorm snarled. Thrushwing spat out the squirrel. “Fine, fine..” He panted. “It’s all yours,” Firestorm jumped off Thrushwing and grab the squirrel by its scruff.

She drop her catch on the fresh-kill pile and stalked off to the warriors’ den to sleep. Firestorm curled next to her father, Stormyheart, who was sleeping deeply, and fell asleep. She woke up the next day, surprise to see that she was the only one in the warriors’ den.

Firestorm stretched, yawned, and padded outside tiredly. The sun was already up. Reedwhisker approached her. “Where were you?” He questioned, stifling a cough. “You’ve missed the dawn patrol, the border patrols, and four hunting patrols!” Firestorm blinked at the deputy. “Sorry,” She meowed. She yawned again. “What’s with you?” Thrushwing sneered from behind.

“None of your business,” Firestorm snapped at him. “I was the night guard and I’m not sleepy like you!” Thrushwing grinned. “I was out hunting,” Firestorm snarled. “Of course I’m tired, you-” Stormyheart jumped between them. “Excuse me, Thrushwing,” He meowed politely. “But I thought you were in a hunting patrol with me?” Stormyheart pointed at Cougarheart and Thornheart with his nose.

Thrushwing rolled his eyes. “Okay, whatever,” He muttered, stumbling away. “I was just trying to make a conversation.” Reedwhisker limp to Riverdapple’s den, shaking his head. “Are you okay?” Stormyheart asked his daughter, sniffing her head. “Your nose seem pale.”

Firestorm wriggled away from her father. “I’m fine,” She promised. “I’m just tired, that’s all.” Stormyheart shrugged. “Just go to Riverdapple for a check-up.” He turned away and padded out of camp, his patrol waiting for him. Firestorm waited until the shadows of the brambles cover him up, than she padded behind the Nursery.

She brush through some vines that covered a tunnel beneath a tree. Firestorm had found out the tunnel when she was a kit. She was playing with a butterfly but than she tripped over some moss and rolled down a slope. She saw the vines and thought she would hit a rock and die.

But Firestorm had rolled inside it. She finally stopped rolling when she hit a puddle of water. Firestorm had explored the tunnel, and the best thing was that at the other end of the tunnel was a passageway to SunClan territory! Firestorm had always kept the tunnel a secret, and she always visited it until she became a warrior. It has been moons since she went into the tunnel. Firestorm sat next to the pool of water.

She lap at the water’s edge and stare at her reflection. Her father was right. Her nose is pale. Firestorm sigh. ‘I think I’m falling for Blazeheart..’ She thought. A painful yowl startled her. Firestorm rushed out of the den and ran to the Nursery, where her sister, Rosetail, was lying down, her face twisted with pain. “What’s happening?”

Firestorm gasp in alarm. She bend over and nudge her sister’s cheek. “It’s okay, Firestorm,” Riverdapple meowed. The silver she-cat place her paw on Rosetail’s flank. “What do you mean, it’s okay?” Firestorm snarled. Whitepaw, Riverdapple’s apprentice, laughed. “What does it look like?”

“She’s giving birth, mouse-brain.” Firestorm turn around and noticed her mother Echomist curling her tail around her four kits. “But.. that.. that looks painful!” Firestorm protested. Echomist purred. “Of course it is painful. When you’re giving birth, you’ll feel the same pain as all queens feel while giving birth!”

Rosetail moaned. “The first kit’s coming!” Riverdapple meowed. Sagewhisker and Rockshade, the queens who were watching, nose their kits together at the end of the Nursery. “Stay there until she gives birth,” Rockshade meowed to her only kit, Nettlekit. “But we want to see our new den-mates!” Eaglekit, one of Sagewhisker’s kits, protested.

“Yeah! Me too!” Sagekit and Tinykit started complaining. Sagewhisker rolled her eyes. “Kits,” The white queen meowed. “Be quiet of else all of you will eat nothing but mouse-tails for three days!” Echomist just purred. “Kits will be kits,” She smiles.

“The first kit’s here!” Whitepaw meowed. A small, dark gray she-kit slipped into the nest. Whitepaw begun licking the kit. The kit open its mouth and let out a tiny whimper. “It’s a she-kit!” Riverdapple purred. “Put that kit next to Rosetail’s belly to feed.” She instructed. Whitepaw nodded and gently nose the tiny kit to her mother.

Rosetail sniff her daughter before slumping into her nest, groaning again. Her body shook as another kit, this time biggre then the first one, fell into the nest. “Another one!” Riverdapple whispered. “It’s a big one this time,” she meowed. “Another she-kit!” Echomist purred. She drew forward and begun licking the kit. Firestorm flick her tail, watching the scene quietly with widened eyes. Rockshade and Sagewhisker kept the eight kits at the end of the Nursery. Freezefire and her adopted kit Icekit padded outside of the Nursery to give Rosetail some space.

“This she-kit is a pale gray-and-white tabby,” Echomist purred. She lift the kit up and brought it next to her daughter’s belly, who was breathing hard. “One more, I think,” Riverdapple meowed. Finally, the last bundle—the smallest of the three kits—fell into the moss. Riverdapple gently nudge the kit to Firestorm.

Firestorm stared at the kit for a while, before muttering. “What should I do?” “Lick the bundle, mouse-brain!” Whitepaw prodded her. Firestorm gently lick the kit. The sac felt slimy. “This is a dark brown female.” Firestorm meowed. “You’re doing great, Firestorm,” Echomist praised her daughter. “You might be a mother one day.” Firestorm shrugged and gently nudged the kit to her sister.

Rosetail breathe out a sigh of relief and love filled her eyes as she gave all of her daughters a gentle lick. “How is she?” Stormyheart push past the brambles of the Nursery. He had returned from his hunting patrol. “How is my daughter?” Echomist purred at the sight of her mate. “You have three granddaughters,” Echomist rub affectionally against Stormyheart’s dark gray pelt.

Stormyheart purred. He gentle nudge Rosetail, who was sleeping soundly already. “Well,” Stormyheart meowed. “She can name the kits later.” Riverdapple nodded. “Be careful not to disturb her.” She warn the other kits. Sagewhisker and Rockshade sat down to block the view of the newborn kits. “Heard Riverdapple? She said to not disturb them.”

Wolfkit hissed in annoyance. “We aren’t disturbing them!” He squeaked. “You’re blocking us from them!” “Shush!” Rockshade whispered. Riverdapple and Whitepaw begun to pad outside the the Nursery. “Call us when Rosetail wakes up,” Riverdapple meowed behind her shoulder. “Sure,” Echomist called back. Cougarheart padded into the Nursery. In her jaws were a mouse she caught during Stormyheart's hunting patrol.

She dropped the mouse by her mother. Sagewhisker nuzzle her daughter. "Rosetail just gave birth," "Congratulations!" Cougarheart meowed to Rosetail, who was still sleeping. "I will come and visit them later." Cougarheart gave her best friend Rosetail a lick on her forehead before heading outside to find her father Reedwhisker. Firestorm purred. “The kits are beautiful,” Stormyheart nodded. “Yeah, they sure are,” Echomist lick Rosetail’s ear. “Who is the father of your kits?” She whispered. Rockshade turn her head. “I think it’s Mudstep.” She meowed. “He and Rosetail are always together.”

“No.” Sagewhisker narrowed her eyes. “I think it’s Sedgefoot. He has the same fur as the little dark brown she-kit.” “Don’t be silly. Sedgefoot already has a mate—Dawnsky.” “Wait! Maybe it’s Smokemist. He also has the same fur as the dark gray she-kit!” “Don’t make random guesses without knowing the truth!” Echomist meowed. While the queens gossip, Firestorm and her father padded out of the Nursery. 

“Maybe Rosetail’s mate is Oakleaf.” Stormyheart guessed. “How do you know?” Firestorm asked her father. He shrugged. “Who knows? The father of her kits might be a rogue, a kittypet, or even from the other clans.” The dark gray warrior yawned.

“A SunClan kit was born three and a half seasons ago. His father is a DarkClan warrior and his mother is a SunClan queen. The kit— a half-clan kit— you might say, never survived. He was killed by his own mother.” Firestorm narrowed her eyes. “Killed?” She echoed. “Yes, killed.” Stormyheart nodded. “Well, that’s what Sunstar and his Clan told the gathering..”

“What happened to his parents?” Firestorm asked. But her father just shrugged. “The father took a new mate and had new kits, and as for the SunClan queen... she disappeared.” Firestorm stopped in her tracks. “Disappeared?” Firestorm gulped. “How can cats just disappear?” “Sunstar said so,” Her father replied, than padded towards the fresh-kill pile.

“Sunstar says that no half-clan kits are allowed, and the other leaders agree that if a half-clan kit is born, their parents are to be exiled, or killed, and their kits will be abandoned in Twoleg place.” The words struck Firestorm. She turn to look at Freezefire, playing with her adopted kit Icekit. Both of them had left the Nursery to give space for Rosetail. Is Icekit half-clan? Firestorm mumbled to herself as Freezefire shooed Icekit into the Nursery.