Chapter One (Edited)

! ! !  This chapter has been edited on April 7 2016.. however there might still be some mistakes. Kindly do not spill in the comments any mistakes. Thank you. :>  ! ! !

Chapter 1:

Firestorm

Firestorm opened an eye. She slowly rose from her nest, shaking the moss that clung to her ginger tabby pelt when she rolled around at night. She stretched and yawned before padding out of the warriors' den. As she sniffed the air, she scrunched her nose a few times. It was cold. No, scratch that, it was freezing! A carpet of snow about a mouse-length tall covered the ground of the camp.

There was a twitch from the lichen curtain covering the leader's den underneath the highrock. A pale, blue-gray pet slowly emerged between the curtain. The she-cat blinked a few times and twitched her tail, as if not believing it had been snowing overnight. Her gray-blue paws sank into the snow and left a trail behind her as she waddled awkwardly towards Firestorm.

"Firestorm," she called softly to Firestorm. "Come here."

 Firestorm padded over to her leader, dipping her head and mumbling a greeting. "Good morning Mistystar. What duties lie ahead for me?"

 Ever since the MistyClan deputy, Reedwhisker, was diagnosed with green-cough, Firestorm had stepped in, fixing and sorting out patrols instead of Thrushwing, who was the lead warrior, the third-in-command of the Clan.

"Firestorm," Mistystar rasped. "I want you to fix a dawn patrol and the hunting patrols. Go with any of the patrols and then come see me in my den. We have matters to.. fix." 

 Mistystar padded away, following the tracks she made when she padded outside. Once she disappeared back into her den, Firestorm flicked an ear and whipped around, padding into the warm den where the warriors of Mistyclan were all sleeping and snoring quietly. 

 "Wake up! Time for patrols!" Firestorm's shrill meow echoed around the walls of the den, causing many warriors to stir and stare at her in annoyance with their eyes sticky with sleep.

A few warriors started to rise almost immediately from their nest, their eyes half-opened. Firestorm immediately noticed the light brown coat of the lead warrior, Thrushwing. He slowly stood up and took his time to stretch and yawn before he walked over his nest and headed over towards Firestorm. 

 "Hey, Firestorm! I thought I was the lead warrior, not you." he meowed in a friendly tone, half-joking.

 Firestorm felt hotness surging into her. "I'm only following Mistystar's orders." she mumbled.

Thrushwing nodded, still sounding friendly. "I was just joking, Firestorm. No need to sound sorry." he gave her a quick lick on her shoulder. "Besides, you made my life easier by sorting the patrols." the brown tabby purred, amused.

 Firestorm lifted her head and twitched her whiskers as she brushed him away with her tail. "I want you to lead the dawn patrol Thrushwing," she ordered him firmly.

The tom fixed her an expressionless stare. "Alright." he finally meowed, the friendliness in his voice disappeared completely.

 Giving Firestorm a last look, he turned around and called out, "Oakleaf! Thornheart! Sedgefoot! You three are coming with me to the dawn patrol!"

He stretched his jaws as he yawned. Thornheart's ragged brown fur was hardly visible in the darkness of the den. "Can I bring Pebblepaw, too?"

 "Sure. He can come with us." Thrushwing swipe a tongue over his muzzle, his amber eyes glowing. "I'll be outside waiting."

 Thornheart padded out of the den and to the apprentices' den to call his apprentice. Oakleaf padded after the lead warrior and stopped a few mouse-tails away from Firestorm to stretch. 

 "Why'd you pick me?" he yawned sleepily towards Thrushwing before padding out of the den.

 Thornheart appeared out of the apprentices' den with a small, sleepy-looking pale gray tabby tom by his side. 

 "Thornheart, do we have to go?" the apprentice's wails were getting louder, his voice echoing around camp. 

 "Pebblepaw! If you want to receive your warrior name, you should stop complaining and listen to your mentor." Thornheart hissed silently.