Chapter Twenty-two

Heh here it is!! I'm going on vacation for I might not be online to update. But I'm bringing my laptop with me so I might update during the holidays!

Chapter 22

“Run!” Blazeheart yowled to his clanmates. “Get as much fresh-kill as you can and get in the dens!” He felt cats push past him with fear as he looked up to see heavy gray clouds floating over SunClan. “Go!” Sunstar hissed, pushing Blazeheart to the direction of the warriors den.

“What about you?” “Swiftrose is going to stay with me and she already brought a few mice for us to eat! Get in the warriors’ den. Now!” Blazeheart nodded and ran to the fresh-kill pile. He quickly grab a thin, gray squirrel in his jaws before jumping into the warriors’ den just before the storm hit.

“Blazeheart! Thank StarClan!” Blazeheart was knocked off his paws as Tawnyfur slammed onto his side. Both of them let out a yowl and tumbled to the ground. Blazeheart’s squirrel hit accidentally hit Dapplenose. She let out a cry. “Get off of me, Tawnyfur!” Blazeheart snarled, trying to push her away.

He didn’t want to catch her white-cough! “But.. I’m happy to see you safe!” Tawnyfur mumbled, looking away. Blazeheart turned to see his all his clan-mates staring at him and Tawnyfur with amusement. “What are you looking at?” Blazeheart snapped with annoyance.

“Nothing,” Sandwhisker purred. She bend down to tear a slice of meat from her crow. “Just happy to know our deputy will have a future mate called Tawnyfur.” Blazeheart’s eyes blazed with fury. He is going to have a mate, but it will not be Tawnyfur! It will be the beautiful Firestorm from MistyClan.

Blazeheart wondered how she was doing right now. He couldn’t wait until the storm was over so they could meet in secret again. He silently let out a prayer to StarClan to keep her safe. Tawnyfur kept rubbing her head against Blazeheart. Blazeheart let out a hiss of annoyance, and turn his head to face the other way. “Stop it, Tawnyfur!” he snapped angrily.

“What in the name of StarClan–” “Go do that somewhere else!” “Yeah!” “Not in the warriors’ den!” Remarks of amusement and disgust spread around the den. Blazeheart felt his face burn with embarrassment and anger. “Tawnyfur. I swear to StarClan if you do not stop I will—” “Pathetic.” a single voice croaked from the entrance of the den. Blazeheart perked his ears at the sound of Owlfur’s voice.

“What?” Tawnyfur slowly backed off of Blazeheart. “You really are one love-sick cat.” Owlfur padded into the den, shaking his pelt, flinging bits of snow around him. “Watch it!” Frostyheart snarled as few bits of snow landed on her face. The brown tabby didn’t reply and stalked to the end of the den. He curled up and Blazeheart could hear soft snoring coming from him.

Blazeheart stretched and let out a yawn. He picked up his squirrel and padded to the middle of the den. Tawnyfur started following him, but Blazeheart flick his tail, warning her not to. Instead, to Blazeheart’s surprise, she curled up against her father’s fur and closed her eyes.

Blazeheart know that even know Owlfur treated his own daughter like dirt, Tawnyfur still loved him. Blazeheart begun tearing his squirrel apart, ripping the rubber-like skin, trying to get the meat. Blazeheart cringed at the sour taste of the stringy squirrel, but he finished it anyway, not wanting to waste the fresh-kill.

With his belly full, he curled up and fall into a deep sleep, dreaming of Firestorm.