xv - You're not the Boss of me

Fellow fangirls, and fanboys, I'm proud to announce that Cotton Candy has received more than 100 votes! Thank you so much! To celebrate this occasion, I've decided to make a one shot from Chloe's point of view. Yes, my dear readers, you read that correctly. I will be writing in first person for this one shot. Enjoy!

My brain was clouded by a cloud of anger. I couldn't believe Sabrina just ditched me. Who would ever decline my friendship? Definitely not someone who was in the right state of mind. I was the mayor's daughter, for god's sake! I'm the best friend you could've ever had!

All these thoughts were whirling around in my head, making me lose my focus. The eyeliner I was putting on at the moment smudged when my hand faltered. Now, a big, black splotch painted my eyelid.

Sharply exhaling, I smacked down the eyeliner in frustration. The glass container that held my eyeliner shattered against the marble counter, and it felt like I shattered right with it.

I just couldn't take it anymore. I broke down, sinking to the floor. Today was the worst. Day. Ever.

The floor was smooth and cold against my fingertips as I traced patterns on the gold plated tiles, to try to keep myself from going insane. Why did Sabrina leave me, and become friends with Rose instead?

Why?

Suddenly, the harsh reality of my situation hit me like a ton of bricks. Sabrina had been my only friend. Now, I had no one.

Daddy was always busy, taking calls and arranging events for Paris. He rarely seemed to have time for me, and I often found myself eating dinner alone.

Adrikins... well, I didn't actually love him like a boyfriend, he had been like a brother to me. I knew he was just putting up with me because he didn't want to be rude. From the looks on other people's faces, I could tell I was pretty annoying. I mean, yeah, we were best friends when we were little. Now, he's so rich, and has got model looks. Who wouldn't want to date him?

The only reason I pretend to love him like that, is Marinette. I knew she genuinely liked him, unlike all of his other fangirls. Her life was so perfect, unlike mine, and I couldn't resist the jealousy that came over me. So I entertained myself by teasing and taunting her. I had actually enjoyed the look on her face when I would come over and pull Adrien away from her.

Now, I understood why no one wanted to be friends with me. I was a monster.

Tears rolled down my cheeks, probably taking my eyeliner down with them. I didn't care. My games had to end. I needed to fix all the damage I had caused. Sabrina left for Rose, because although we shared the same blonde hair and blue eyes, (which was totally a coincidence, by the way,) Rose and I had the exact opposite personalities.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a purple butterfly flutter into the bathroom. I didn't pay much attention to it, it was just a bug. But when it landed on my sunglasses the world seemed to have become a shade darker.

"Hello, Chloe."

What the heck? Great, now I'm hearing voices. I think I've actually gone insane.

"Who's there?" I called out.

There was a low chuckle in response.

Creepy.

"I am Hawkmoth."

Oh crap. It's this guy. He's the one making all the akumas, isn't he.

"I will grant you powers to take your revenge on your so-called best friend. In exchange, I would like you to bring Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculouses."

NOPE.

I was done being mean. Who did he think he was? As if I would ever be ordered around by a creepy voice. 

Although I was pretty sure this 'Hawkmoth' dude couldn't see me, I still stood up and placed a hand on my cocked hip, sassily.

"I take orders from NO ONE. My days of being mean might be over, but you still have to remember : I'm the MAYOR'S daughter. I'm the Queen  of my own decisions. Don't you dare think you could ever control me."

With that, I tore off my sunglasses and threw them to the ground, break them, and releasing a purple butterfly that turned white as it flew away.

That's right, butterfly, I thought, feeling proud of myself. You're not the boss of me.

Careful not to step on the pieces of my broken sunglasses, I made my way over to the shelf were I kept my makeup wipes. I wasn't too disappointed about breaking them, I saw a better designer pair in a magazine.

I wiped off all of my makeup, and combed my hair out. Smiling at me reflection in the mirror, I set my hairbrush down.

I think it's time I apologized to Marinette.