xi - Put a Ring on It

Snow blanketed the entire city of Paris, making everything a white wonderland. The stars dotted the sky, just as the snowflakes dotted the air, on landing on Chat Noir's tongue. 

Ladybug and Chat Noir were on their last patrol for the year, before they went to enjoy the holidays with friends and family. Ladybug couldn't wait to get back to the bakery, making gingerbread men was a hobby of hers. 

Even with the spectacular view from the top of the building, the superheroes were quite bored, as they swung their legs and listened to the silence. 

Finally, Chat got up. "Do you think an akuma is going to come?"

Ladybug looked up at her partner, and shrugged. "Maybe. I just want to make sure everyone is okay before we go to celebrate the holidays."

Chat Noir admired her desire to keep everyone safe. It was one of the many reasons why he liked her. 

"I'm bored." Chat whined.

Ladybug smiled and shook her head at his childishness. "I know, mon chaton, me too. How about we wait for 30 more minutes? If an akuma doesn't show up then we'll go, okay?"

"Aw, you want to spend time with me," Chat grinned.

Getting no reply from Ladybug, he started to sing, "'Cause if you liked it then you should've put a ring on it. If you liked it then you should've put a ring on it."

Chat stuck his hand out, and Ladybug took it, laughing, and they both sang, "Don't be mad once you see that he want it."

Mission Accomplished. Chat Noir thought, as he sang and watched Ladybug laugh and sing along. 

"If you liked it you should've put a ring on it." Chat sang, and playfully started to take off his ring and put it on Ladybug.

This was his chance. He was perfectly aware that the second the ring left his hand, he would detransform, revealing his identity. 

But won't Ladybug be mad at you? You know how she is with revealing your identities, His conscience told him.  Chat Noir didn't want to think of the consequences, all he was focused on was showing Ladybug who he was, in that moment. Consequences could come later.

"Chat wai-" Ladybug started to say, her eyes a little teary from laughing so much.

It was too late. 

Still humming the song, Chat had slid the ring onto her finger.

In Chat Noir's place stood Adrien Agreste, with the same emerald eyes and incredibly blonde hair. 

Adrien cast his eyes downwards, not wanting to see her reaction. Finally, after gathering quite a bit of courage, he looked up to meet his Bugaboo's eyes. This was not the reaction he expected.

He had expected her to yell at him, saying that now Hawkmoth could potentially harm someone he cared about, or something along those lines. All Ladybug did was stand there, leaving pin drop silence between the pair. Adrien would've preferred she screamed, the silence was killing him- he needed to know how she felt.

"So..." Adrien internally cringed at the amount of awkwardness he had caused. "Do you, um, know me in your civilian life?"

Seconds after he asked, he realized how stupid that question was. "Wait, I'm guessing you probably do know me because of the modeling." He said the word 'modeling' the way Hawkmoth might have said "Ladybug and Chat Noir."

The blue eyed girl finally overcame her surprise, noticing the way he said 'modeling.' "What's wrong with modeling, almost everyone in Paris knows you because of it."

Shrugging, Adrien sat down, swinging his legs as they dangled from the ledge of the roof building. "Everyone knows me as 'Adrien Agreste- son of Gabriel Agreste and is a model'. No one really knows me for who I am. That's why I revealed my identity."

"Well, when I met you I didn't take you for one to make a bunch of ridiculous- but sometimes funny- puns." Ladybug told him, trying to lighten the mood.

"Ha! So you do think my puns are funny."

"I said sometimes, " She laughed.

Suddenly, a cold gust of air blew snow towards them, and Adrien shivered. Realizing his ring was still on her finger, Ladybug took it off and gave it to him. "You're going to freeze, kitty. Put it back on."

Adrien gladly put the ring back on his finger, and transformed. With his suit on, it wasn't as cold, as the suit trapped his body heat in.

The black clad superhero turned to his partner, and gave her a friendly hug, catching her by surprise. "Thank You, M'Lady. For listening. I just really needed to tell you." 

The smile she gave him was so warm, it made Chat not feel the winter's cold anymore. "Of course, chaton. You know you can talk to me anytime you want. It's getting late, we should probably get going."

 Ladybug held her yo-yo in her hand, getting ready to swing it, when she heard.

"Wait!" 

Ladybug turned around to face her partner.

"Will you at least give me a hint?" He asked, his green eyes pleading her. How could she say no to him, after he had revealed his identity to her?

So all she said before swinging away, was,

"Princess."