viii - Spying

"Ready to go, Princess?" Adrien asked his girlfriend, whom he had just recently found out was Ladybug.

Marinette finished arranged the macaroons into the display rack and said, "Let's go, Kitty."

The two teenagers exited the bakery, holding hands. They had told Alya and Nino that they were going on a date that day, so hopefully they wouldn't bother them.

There wasn't much on their to-do-during-date list that day. They had just planned to walk around Paris together, and chatting.

"Ooh! Remember that time you were sneezing your head off because of Mr. Pigeon?" Marinette giggled.

"I've got a better one!" Adrien said, and they kept talking and laughing, when suddenly, a diner caught Adrien's eye. He checked the time on his phone. It was almost noon.

"Bugaboo, it's almost lunchtime. Wanna eat here and then keep walking?"

Marinette shrugged. "Sure," she replied, and started to walk towards the door, then turned around. "And don't call me Bugaboo."

Adrien grinned. "I knew you would say that."

***

After lunch, the pair kept walking, and relieving all of their akuma battles so far.

"I was worried about you, but then I went back in time and got to see you again." Marinette said thoughtfully, remembering the Timebreaker incident.

"Don't worry, I'll always come back to you. Don't forget - I have nine lives." Adrien said, kissing her cheek.

"Aww they're so cute!" They heard a familiar voice squeal.

"Wait - did you hear that?" Marinette asked.

"Yeah," Adrien replied, and then they both looked at each other and said, "Alya."

They both turned around, and they saw Alya and Nino freeze.

"What exactly are you two doing here?" Marinette asked, her voice normal, but with anger laced into it, and that's what intimidated them. Even Adrien was surprised.

"Uhh.." Alya gave a nervous chuckle. "Definitely not spying on you..." She glanced at Nino for help, but he was too busy trying to hide behind her, which was hard because he was taller than her. Marinette resisted the urge to laugh, so she could keep her "intimidating/angry" image.

"Was Marinette always this scary when she was mad?" Nino asked Alya.

All Alya said, was "Seeyoulaterbye!" and took of running, grabbing Nino and taking him with her.

Marinette and Adrien were extremely fast runners, due to them being superheroes, so they let their friends get a head start.

"Let's go get em' Kitty!" Marinette yelled as she sprinted down the sidewalk, following Alya and Nino. Adrien caught up with her, and they ran side by side, slowing down a little every once in a while to make it fair for Alya and Nino.

They chased them down the Champs-Élysées, towards the Arc de Triomphe, but not even close to one fourth of the way to the Arc de Triomphe, Alya and Nino turned around and started running back, but they were on the other side of the street.

Marinette and Adrien were naturals at this stuff. They easily followed them into a park, where Alya and Nino finally stop running. They were doubled over, wheezing and panting, leaning against a tree.

"How -gasp- are -gasp- you guys -gasp- not -gasp- tired?" Nino asked, clutching his stomach.

The crime fighting duo just shrugged and laid down in the grass, and were joined by their friends. There was a moment of silence, and then all four teens started laughing.