"It's not like they would've gave up." Parker said.

"True." Payson shrugged, nodding. "Let's go, ladies."

Hannah and I chuckled as we walked towards the stairs.

***

Because the men got tired of shopping after three different stores, Parker suggested that we go see Kayleigh and my Nana. So that's exactly what we did, even though Robeson county was way out of our way.

And three hours later, the four of us were sitting in the living room of Nana's trailer, and Kayleigh was wedged in between me and Parker asking about what we were going to name the baby.

"I've always liked the name Brantley." Nana commented from her rocking chair.

"I think you should name it," Papa Woody said in the annoying black girl's voice off of Madea, "Byron."

"You're not funny, Papa Woody." I said as I stifled my laugh.

But everyone else laughed except for me and Nana who said, "She's not naming that child that!"

"We'll know if it's a boy or girl in about three weeks." I said.

"Yeah, and then I'll have fifty bucks." Payson said.

"No, you won't!" Parker argued as he pointed across the room to where Payson was sitting in the love seat with Hannah. "I'm winning that fifty bucks!"

"No, you're not!" Payson countered.

"Y'all hush!" Hannah and I said.

"They've got a bet going about if the baby is a boy or girl." I explained. "And they're not the only ones."

"That's just wrong." Nana laughed.

"Hey, I bet twenty bucks it's a boy!" Papa Woody announced.

"Nuh-uh. It's a girl!" Kayleigh said.

"You got twenty dollars to bet?" Papa Woody pointed at her.

"Guys-" I groaned.

"Sure do." Kayleigh nodded.

"Alright, we got ourselves a bet. Don't go backing out on me now when you lose." Papa Woody said to her.

"I won't if you won't." Kayleigh said before leaning over to shake his hand.

"Y'all are a mess." Nana laughed. "Now how am I going to get to the party?"

"I'll pay for you three a plane ticket up there. Me and Nick will." Parker said.

"I don't know about a plane now." Nana shook her head.

"Yeah, haven't you seen that Final Destination movie where-" Papa Woody began.

"Hey, we got to get on a plane in five hours!" I said. "Don't remind me of that!"

"It's really not that bad." Hannah said. "I thought it would be so scary and stuff, but after a little while it's fine. I don't even think about it anymore whenever I go on one."