Chapter sixteen

I posted chapters 15, 16

Chapter 16

Darkness. That is all there is when I try to remember anything. How do I know if I was even happy in life or what was going on in my mind during that time.

"I just want to go home" I say.

"Okay I'll take you to your dorm" The guy reaches for my hand.

I itch The top of my head, "um what's your name again" I ask?

"T-" he starts choking on his words, "Toby."

"Toby" I look him deep in his eyes, "I want to go home."

"I will take you home."

"No. I want to go home home" I say, "I want to see my mom and dad and my brothers and sisters."

I wonder what my family is like? I wonder if they are still together and if my sister and I fight like cats and dogs. "You don't have a sister. Or brother."

The words echo through it all, "I'm an only child" I say. Well I better have gotten my way on everything.

"Well your mom got married to a guy and had a little girl but that's it." I guess Toby will be answering all the questions I had.

"What about my dad" I ask?

"You don't know your dad" a husky voice steps in the room.

I glance over to see a really cute guy leaning up against the door frame. His hair looks brand new. He flips it where it lays just above his eyebrows. When I look into his eyes they are red and puffy and dark. Was he crying?

"Do we know each other" my words come forced out?

"Yes this is-" Toby began

"- I'm your roommate."

"I'm roomed with a guy" I ask with shock through my body.

"Don't worry I ain't that excited either" The guy says.

"What's your name" I ask?

He stares at me for a second. Taking it all in. I guess. "Bailey" he smiles then walks away.

Wow. Why can't I date him?

"Rilen don't" a voice stops my thoughts, "don't fall for it."

"What are you talking about" I ask glancing at him.

"Bailey is going to try to hurt you. Don't let him do it" all he did was talk to me "...again."

Again? I wonder how he hurt me?

•••

I walk into a house and smell cleaning chemicals. "I just cleaned the place" Toby smiles at me walking over to the fridge.

I take a seat at the counter. The house is pretty big. There has to be more than one person that lives here. "You like Orange Soda" he lays a orange Soda before my eyes.

Really? Out of everything? I pick orange soda. "The doctor said that if you taste something you love it might bring back memories" he says to me.!

I shake my head and look at him hoping when I take a sip that I can remember anything. I'm afraid, I'm afraid to hear what my past was like. Because I don't know if I want to know.

I slowly open the drink and a take a sip.

Nothing. I don't remember anything. Nothing comes to mind but who am I?

•••

"RILLLLLLLLLEN" a voice echoes through my ear.

I look down to see Cam standing at the edge of the bed. "Wake up. Daddy said so" she says so.

"Well you tell daddy that he is not my boss" I tell her.

Her little feet make their way down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Daddy. She said she is not her boss" then she giggles.

"Well you tell Rilen that I will come and get her up if I have to" Cam burst into laughter.

I hear her come into the room. "DADDYS COMING TO GET YOU" she screams.

"Bet" and as soon as I said that. Here he comes, he tackles me.

The love of my life grabs me and throws me over his shoulder. "TOBY ALLEN" I scream.

"Baby I hear that all night" he laughs.

I slap his back. He walks me down to the kitchen and sits me on the counter. I slap his chest as he burst into laughter. "I like you very very much" he says.

That is our way of saying I love you. I guess we just can't say it yet. I grin at me and clean his nose. "I like you very very much too."

•••

When I wake up I am alone. Was I alone in life? Even though I had friends and a boyfriend was I alone? Was I depressed?

I walk down stairs to see Toby lying on the couch alone. He said he wanted me to be comfortable. I would be more comfortable if he was with me. I walk over to the couch as he sleeps peacefully.

I sit down and examine his face. A little red scar is above his left eyebrow. I run my fingers gently on his face. I lean in and plant a kiss on his nose. Like I did in my dream. Or was that a dream?

His eyelids come open. He looks at me smiles. "Good morning beautiful."

I smile at him. "How could I forget you. I remember you" I confess to him.

*-----------*

I was going to post chapter 17 but it might be a few days until I get some more ideas

-Maddie ouuuuut 🖤🖤