Chapter fifteen

I'm posting chapter 15,16

Chapter 15

You know that moment when something goes wrong and all you can do is lay there. You want to believe you can do something but reality hits you hard and you can't.

The Tears stream out of my eyes and they begin to burn. But there's nothing I can do about it.

All I see is my body being thrown out of the car. Multiple times. Over and over but the thing is. I don't remember that part.

I see Toby walking my way. "Baby" I mange the words to escape my mouth.

"This is all your fault. You shouldn't have made that tape" he spits.

Tape

Tape

Tape

Tape

"I didn't make it" is what I wanted to say. I don't know if that was real life or my mind playing tricks on me. Either way I'm screwed.

"She has a broken wrist and leg. She also shattered her collar bone but what we want to be more worried about here is the bigger picture"

Picture

Picture

I wanna listen. Let me listen! My body shuts down and goes into a deep sleep.

•••

*third person point of view*

"Okay now it's time. On the count of 3." The 3 men all say in sync

"1....2....3" Rilens body is being lifted up All in sync.

She is then placed down on a cloud well at least that's what it feels like.

"If you can hear me, open your eyes" a husky voice says trying to wake her.

After waiting a few minutes nothing happens. "If you can hear me. Then wiggle your fingers" he tries something easy this time.

After a few seconds her middle finger and pointer begins to move alittle. "Ah. Look" he shouts.

Rilen tries to pry her eyes open but they won't budge. "Come on baby" the man says into her ear.

Her eyes begin to slowly open little by little. "Doctor! Come" he shouts.

•••

I open my eyes. "Doctor! Come" a man shouts.

I feel something running over my knuckles. I look down to see him holding my hand. I want to pull away. Believe me I don't want a stranger holding my hand but I just don't have enough strength.

"Rilen how are you" a man in a big white coat says to me.

"Uhhhh welll" I glance at his name tag, "Edward I don't know where I'm at and my freaking everything is hurting."

He doesn't seemed stunned at my attitude. "You are in a hospital. You got into a wreak" he says.

I was in a wreak? When? "How did it happen" I ask him?

He looks at the other person in the room but I just continue to stare. "You came in contact with a truck and you did have a seatbelt on but I believe that made it worse in your case" he says taking a long and dramatic pause.

"You have a broken wrist and leg and your seat belt kind of make you have a lot of scars on your neck and also you flipped a lot of times so we will have to do some more test now that your awake" he says.

"Okay" I say.

"How are you feeling" he ask me listening to the sound of my heartbeat.

"I'm alright but" I take a breath, "who is this?"

I glance at the guy sitting beside me. His eyes stare into mine. I glance at the doctor and he doesn't say anything. "It's me" he says, "Toby."

I just shake my head. "I'm sorry. I don't know you."

Tears fill his eyes and let's go of my hand. With that he walks out of the room. I hear sobbing before the door even shutts.

•••

I haven't heard much. I haven't had anyone visit me. I wonder why? My doctor said we had some things to talk about later.

It's now 5:45 pm and I'm just sitting here staring at the blank wall in front of me. Hoping to find something interesting in these white walls. When out of no where the door comes open and a girl comes in. "Rilen" she gasp and attacks me.

"Helllo" ow."injured girl right here"

"Sorry" she says pulling back. She takes a deep breath. Her blue eyes stare back into mine. I wonder what color my eyes are. She bites her lip and tucks the piece of hair that keeps falling behind her ear. "How are you feeling?"

"Uh I'm okay" I mean I don't feel any pain but from the sound of it. The wreak was a big deal. How come I don't remember it?

The doctor from earlier comes in. But this time with a notepad and pen. "Oh I'm sorry. Am I interrupting" he ask protesting to leave.

"No you are fine. Continue" the girl says for me.

"Okay and you are" the doctor points to the girl.

A stranger. "A friend" she says smiling. She glances back at me for a second. I try hard to remember her. I study the way she stands. The way she puts all her weight on one leg. Nothing. I got nothing.

"I'm Clare" she sticks her hand out to the doctor.

Dang it. I still have no clue. "Do you know her" the doctor looks at me.

I glance at her one more time hoping to remember something. I shake my head. "No I don't" I say.

Clare's face changes to confused within seconds. He shakes his head. Clare follows him out into the hall. I hear mumbling but I can't really make it all out. Moments later only the doctor comes back into the room. "Hello Miss Rilen" he smiles at me.

"Is that my name" I ask?

He nods his head. "I just want to try this one more time" he says.

"Do you by chance remember anything" he ask?

I close my eyes. Hoping for something to run through my mind. But nothing. I reopen my eyes to see him staring at me. "No" I shake my head firmly.

-Maddddiee out! :)