In Addition

"You are innocent," said the male admiral after the trial was done.

Captain Picard smiled and went up to the admirals, shaking their hands. "Thank you."

"But remember, you can ask from now on, but give us a legitimate reason for using restricted materials."

"Yes Admiral," we all said at once.

Geordi and Picard and I walked out of the trial room.

"Wow Janie. You've been a serious influence on everything," said Geordi. I smiled. I didn't want to show that I had been hurt by that statement. But it did...and I couldn't explain it.

We walked to the transporter room and stepped on a lit circle, each of us.

"Beam us to the Enterprise," said Captain Picard.

"Yes, sir," said the Ensign manning the controls.

People say that you get used to the feeling of transporting, but you don't. It only lasts a couple of seconds. All my generation can do is teleport one electron. Not one trillion+ of them. We were back on the Enterprise. But a second ago, we were on the station. The rush you feel! It's like your spirits are lifting at the same time that you are running from your worst nightmare. It felt like you were finally complete, but you were being ripped and torn apart. Not torn in half, but piece by piece, atom by atom. Electron by electron. It also played with your emotions a little. Seeing a blue curtain pulled gently over a world, then that world disappearing and another one return in its place. I couldn't describe it well enough, but that was only the gist of it. It was beautiful, yet horrifying, to see your body come and go and come around again. I guess that's why people don't look down when they transport. Oops.

Once we were back on the Enterprise, we trotted back to the Bridge. Everyone who was there seemed to be holding their breath. Once the Captain walked in, they released and smiled.

"Captain! We are so glad to see you," said Deanna. Everyone murmured their agreements and then Beverly silenced everyone.

"There will be a celebration tonight on the Holodeck. The theme? 1940's!" she exclaimed.

"Oh, you all know me too well," said Captain Picard. Commander Riker went up to Picard and shook his hand. We all smiled and we were off again, into the deep heart of space.

Suddenly, an Ensign ran onto the Bridge towards Geordi. He whispered in his ear and Geordi nodded, and then grinned.

"Janie! The tests were successful...you're going home!"