The Trial

"We are being hailed by the star base sir," said Worf. He pawed at the screens and an admiral came about on the screen. She had six buttons, ranking her so.

"Hello Captain Picard, I assume you know why we are taking you into custody?" she asked nonchalantly.

"Please, do tell me," said Picard. He stood up from his captain's chair and promptly stood before the screen. I watched as our ship was taken in on the control panel. Wesley was on one of the chairs behind Worf.

"You stole a class H level hypo-spray. You had no reason."

"We did. Most of my crew is composed of males, but a good part is female. All the females collapsed from a leak in the fuel mix and we had to revive them quickly."

"I understand Captain. You will still stand trial for what you did...but I will testify for you."

"Thank you, Admiral."

"You are welcome, Captain."

He sighed and turned around to Riker.

"I may be stripped of my title, but I will still be a member of this crew, this...this...family I dare say. You cannot be taken from family," he said. Once more, Captain Picard's about-to-go-do-something-terrible line has pierced our souls and left nothing but awe. I sighed as Picard sat down awkwardly. He put his face in his palm, and I couldn't help but smile. The famous Picard face palm. I grew a frown on my face again as I thought of Captain Picard turning into...Jean-Luc Picard. I mean sure, it's a cool name, but it's boring next to Captain. I sighed.

"We're coming into the station Captain," I said.

"On screen."

The screen showed a big star base, slowly coming towards us. A big lump was hung in my throat and I realized that I was choking on my saliva. I coughed a few times and hit the off-screen button.

"Ensign? What's wrong?" asked Captain Picard. I turned around.

"Sorry, I hit the off-screen button. Here...it should be working now..." I said. I hit the button and the screen came on. 

We docked on the station. I, along with Geordi, Wesley, and Picard, were all transported to a trial room. It was small, with purple flooring and blue walls. A window behind a big desk showed space and the stars and the big blue...

Picard interrupted me from my wondering and we took a seat in front of two admirals. I gulped. Geordi stood up as the woman admiral nodded, allowing him to speak.

"We had an anti-matter-fuel leak and it affected the women strongly. Wesley and Ensign Gorton were working on it, and found out that we needed a restricted medical anti-body."

"And why didn't you ask?" asked the male admiral. He stroked his white and grey beard, carefully working his fingers through the tangles.

"We knew that you would not allow it."

"That is correct."

"You may sit down, Mr. La Forge," said the woman admiral.

"Thank you, Admiral."

Then they looked at me. The woman's green eyes and the man's blue ones pierced into me.

"I assume you were the reason they committed this crime, yes?"

I gulped. "Yes...I guess."