Part 7

It had been no more than 4 hours since Lucy was awake and had been moved into a different room of the guild so that she could have visitors without disturbing the others and Mirajane was finally beginning to stir. Lisanna and Elfman had made themselves comfortable to the best of their ability in the stiff infirmary chairs and stayed by her side day and night. The sun was just finally beginning to come around and after much convincing by Erza and Makarov, the siblings had finally fallen asleep.

Mirajane sat up slowly, holding her spinning head she looked over to a blur of white hair and blue eyes. Tears of happiness streaked her face and soaked the covering the cuts on her cheeks. Wendy had used her magic to heal the more life-threatening injuries and didn't have enough left to instantly fix her face.

"You're okay...you guys are okay.." she mumbles repeatedly as her sobs become slightly louder.

This woke Elfman immediately, he looked around in a panic shaking a sleep deprived Lisanna in his lap, thinking somebody was idiotic enough to break into the guild. His sudden movements jostled Lisanna enough to rouse her from her much needed sleep.

"Elfman! Didn't they tell you to be quiet while Mira was s...sleeping!?" She says alarmed as she stares at Mira, tears continuing to fall from her arctic blue eyes.

"Mira! You're awake? And crying?! What happened?" She asks protectively as she wraps her arms around her big sister, tight enough for it to seem that she would disappear if she let her go for even second.

"Nothing happened...I just...I'm glad to see you guys again," she says with a sad smile before her eyes widen.

"Wait where's Laxus?" She asks worried, the last thing she could remember had been Alexander talking about harvesting his power.

As if on cue lightning crackles around the room before he appears."I heard my name and some loud noises, Elfman do I need to zap you till you learn how to shut up again?" Laxus says with a smug smirk that caused Elfman to walk onto the other side of Mira's bed.

It was an extremely cocky look, even for him. He had been overwhelmingly cocky and easily irritable since Mira was brought in. No one decided to push him or scold him, though. The fairy tail wizards knew that everybody had their own way of dealing with it and that his way was just by being an ass.  He quickly freezes as he stares at Mira, his eyes widen as he stares at her smiling face.

"He might pass out.." Lisanna mumbles with a snicker, earning a swat on the arm from her sister and a deep laugh from Elfman.

"M..Mira?" Laxus asks as he sinks to his knees next to the bed, his head buried in her lap.

"Mira oh my god...we thought we might have lost you..we thought we lost all of you..." he sobs as he begins to wet the sheets wrapped snugly around her legs.

"Mirajane Strauss..." Laxus says as he suddenly looks into her eyes sternly. "You are never...ever..leaving my fucking side again" Laxus all but growls as he looks into her eyes.

Mira giggled quietly as she runs her fingers through his golden hair. "Laxus you can't be s-"

Laxus cuts her off with a finger to her lips. "If you think I'm joking you're wrong..Mira, I can't loose you...I wouldn't be able to live without you...please Mira...I can't lose you." he begs as he all but stares into her soul with those sad gray eyes.

Elfman and Lisanna had left the room awhile through the couples touching moment. Elfman as to avoid throwing up since it was his older sister and Lisanna as to give them some privacy and scold her brother for acting as he did. All eyes suddenly turned to Elfman and Lisanna as they went back downstairs to the first floor of the Guildhall. They hadn't been out of there in awhile other than when Kinana was too busy to bring them food or when they needed to grab Wendy or Chelia to help out and check up on the other patients, so seeing them was surprising.

"Guys!" Lisanna yells, grabbing the attention of even the loudest and most spacey members.

"Mira's awake!" She says as she jumps excitedly. Everybody begins to cheer loudly clinking beer mugs, or barrels in Cana's case. A few of the members begin to rush to the door of the infirmary, only to run into Elfman's large chest.

"No visitors! She needs sleep to get strong and manly again!" He says as he plants his feet. A few of the members pout, slowly moving back to their seats and sliding back into the usual rowdy fairy tail celebration.

"This is some sort of hope right?" Natsu asks Gajeel, trying to pull him out of his worse than usual funk.

"I guess so..." he mumbles as he downs his pint angrily. "I just want Wendy or that Chelia girl back in here to help get the shrimp better."

"I know you do but she needs her own time to cope about Romeo not doing well. She's been beating herself up about not being able to help him she hasn't even really let Chelia help since she's still in her protective mode. She's drained on strength mentally and physically, she needs at least another day" he says with a sad shrug.

Gajeel nods quietly as he signals to Kinana for another drink. He slouches back in his seat and stares out at the guild. Natsu has slid into a fight with Grey and Panther Lily had been out on a job since before this even started for the Queen of Extalia.

He needed her back..he would be damned if he let that girl go just because he was there too late. He had saved her countless times, but she was stronger than he would ever be. She was the light to his dark, the force that drove him, the one thing that kept him from turning into the animal that he used to be. She was so much stronger than he could have ever known back then. This girl wasn't a weakness to him..she was his strength. And he'd be damned if he lost that due to some asshole who wanted to get to him.