Jealousy

(Lucy's POV)

I woke up to Natsu cuddling me with his face sleeping on my chest. I blushed a bright red at the sudden contact. I don't think I'll ever be used to this. "N-Natsu?! I tried to get out of his grip but he just pulled me into his bare chest. "N-NATSU!" I yelled.

He opened his eyes. "Five more minutes Luce" he mumbled before falling back asleep.

"Natsu?!" I yelled again. "Come on, we need to get to the guild" he growled before releasing his grip on me. I grabbed random clothes from my dresser and rushed over to the bathroom. Once I was out Natsu was laying on the couch shirtless. I blushed "N-NATSU?! What are you doing?!"

He waved and grinned. "Morning Luce! I was just about to get ready" getting ready my ass! He was sleeping when I came out!

"Yeah. Let's go" as usual Natsu had his arms around my shoulders, despite my protest, and growled at every man who looked my way.

As soon as we walked to the guild someone hugged me and kissed my on the cheek. I blush at the sudden contact and looked to see who it was. "Sting?" He smirked but before he say anything Natsu grabbed him by the collar and threw him across the guild.

Natsu engulfed his fists in a ball of flames. "Don't touch my mate!" Silence filled the guild from the sudden outburst. Erza was the first one to try to calm him down.

"That's enough Natsu" she put a hand on her hip. "Why don't you go back to Lucy's place and calm down for a bit?" Natsu relaxed before walking towards Sting. No one dared to move a muscle. Sting on the other hand was laughing his ass off.

"You call that a punch?!" He taunted. "I know grandma's who hit harder than that!"

Oh no.

Natsu grinned. He grabbed onto his collar and threw him to the front of the guild. "If you ever come back here again I'll kill ya!"

Sting smirked. "I'll leave for now but I'll be back to get my mate!" With that Sting left and silence filled the guild.

"What just happened?!" Levy screamed.

"Calm down there Shrimp" Gajeel said as he patted Levy's head. Gale is so canon.

All of a sudden Natsu carried me bridal style. "Natsu?! What are you doing?!"

He walked out of the guild. "I'll tell you when we get home"

(Time skip)

As soon as we got home Natsu layed download on my bed and asked. "What's for dinner?"

"Huh?!"

He grinned. "Come on Luce. I'm starving!"

I puffed out my cheeks. "Nope!"

In one movement Natsu pulled me into his lap with his arm around my waist, pulling me close. He whispered into my ear. "I could always have you for dinner. If you know what I mean"

I immediately blushed and got out of his grasp. "I-I-I'm going to make d-dinner now!!!" I yelled as I ran into the kitchen.

Natsu grinned and mumbled. "Thanks mate"

I'm just going to pretend that I didn't hear him....

(Natsu's POV)

After Luce made dinner for us and I inhaled most of it, we played cards I'm the living room. I may or may not be losing 54-0.

"I win again!" Luce cheered.

"No! You cheated!" I whined.

She grinned. "I'm not cheating. You just suck at this game"

I smirked as I jumped on Luce and started tickling her. "Natsu! Hahahah stop! I haha can't breath!" I finally stopped tickling her to laugh.

She puffed out her cheeks. "Meaning"

I pulled her into my chest with my arms around her waist and my chin resting on her head. I whispered. "Sorry Luce" and kissed her on the head. I could feel her face heat up.

"Natsu? Why have you been acting so strange lately?" Luce asked.

I released her from my embrace and averted my eyes. "I don't know what you mean"

She crossed her arms. "Come on. You know what I mean. You've been really overprotective of me for the past few days."

Well she has to find out sooner or later.

I sighed. "Around this time of year Dragons and Dragon slayers go through Mating Season. At this time Dragon and Dragon slayers look for their mate. Once they find their mate they mark them so the other Dragon slayers can't have them. When they mate, they mate for life"

Luce's eyes widened as her face turned red. "S-so does that mean...?"

I nodded my head and grinned. "You're  my mate Luce" She was frozen either from shock or deep of thought. Either way I took this chance to lean forward and kiss Luce on her head. "I know this must be overwhelming for you...."

Luce smiled. "I just need some rest"

I held her hand. "Come on Luce, let's go to bed" she nodded her head with a small smile as I lead her to bed.

I love you Lucy Heartfilia.