Chapter 11 - Swedish celebrity?

|| Note: just to not disappoint you, the guy who will meet Emily is not Zayn. You will understand why I told you this lol ||

Chapter 11 - Swedish celebrity?

(Emily’s POV)

Ugh, I’m finally off the slow and annoying bus, but I just have to walk half a mile now..

I had to walk a few feet until I reached the company building, because the bus couldn’t drive all the way in because of the private property around here. And walking on this footway in wobbly high heels didn’t make it easier.

I walked on a smaller path with only gravel and pebbles lying on the ground underneath me. It was really uneven and the dust flew up in the air with every step I took. All I could see were some trees and a smaller ditch on my right side with lots of dirt and leaves in it. I kept my focus on my walking, falling down there wouldn’t help me reach work any faster.

I brought my wrist up to my sight, to take a look at my watch on my left arm. The time showed 09:25am and my shift starts at 09:30am. I knew that it still was a long way to go, so I hurried myself and walked with wider footsteps to reach my destination faster.
But I knew that I was going to be late anyway, which didn’t make my boss too happy either.

To describe my boss, well.. I’ve always kept a good relation between me and my boss, Mr. Carter. But I’ve heard that he’s very strict with his work shifts. Every employee had to be on time every single day throughout the year if they didn’t want to be fired or a have loss of pay.

I on the other side took my shifts really seriously, so I actually hadn’t managed to see that side of him just yet. But just thinking about losing my job made my gut tense a bit. To be honest, I actually loved this job, and without it I wouldn’t have any money at all to either pay my bills or get food on the table. I always was on the run, and showed people new places and also gave them memories on their little road trips. Yeah, I didn’t want to lose all this at all.

As I walked around in my thoughts I heard a car drone behind me on the road, and somehow the person drove wasn’t taking it too carefully either. I saw that black car that was just a few feet away from me brought both dust and dirt up in the air as the wheels swirled around. Me being the polite person I am, moved as much as I could to the side without stepping wrong and falling into the nasty ditch beside me.

But I guess that didn’t help..

As the car suddenly drove by me in full speed I felt how my left side suddenly went numb, and me stumbling down to the ground within a second. I felt myself rolling down into something wet and cold, oh no.. The ditch.

I opened my eyes and tried to move, but it felt like my left hipbone was crushed and broken. I looked around, seeing my jeans full in mud and dirt. My heels were buried in the brown mud in front of me, and even the inside of my blouse was dirty.

“Fucking asshole!”I shouted out as high as I could, while trying to stand up. But I was stuck down there.

I could barely move my lower body because of the pain stinging into my left hip. As I tried to move around I heard how a car door a bit further away slammed shut and fast footsteps were followed.

“Hello, miss. Are you alright?” The man asked me, Without locking eyes with him, I still tried to get up, ignoring his voice. 

“Miss?”  I looked up at him when he repeated himself. And I could even here in his voice what he looked like.

The man in front of me on the road had his black hair up in a quiff, and big black sunglasses covering most of his face. He looked like a real lover boy if you asked me.
By his way to dress he looked like a very serious business man or just an ordinary guy with a lot of money in his hands. Ugh, probably some idiot who wants to flirt his way out of this.