Chapter 5 - hey there delilah

"Off you go." Simon said and I heard the guitar intro play in the speakers, I took a harder grip around the microphone and opened my mouth.

I took a deep breath and pushed my vocals out. And I tried for the chorus, just to be sure that I knew the words.

"Hey there Delilah, don't you worry about the distance. I'm right there if you get lonely, give this song another listen.." I felt how my voice was about to crack and at the same time rattled. I tried to breathe, but I couldn't reach any oxygen.

With all the voice and power I had left I sang out the last words and let out a sigh. There's no way that I'm going any further with this. I thought to myself.

I ran my fingers through my hair, I felt how the sweat started to build up on me. The outro of the song finally lowered and it went quiet in the so called smaller arena. It was so silent, you would clearly hear if someone dropped something as small as a pin on the floor, that's how quiet it was.

It felt like the worst seconds of my life as I stood there looking into the 3 judges' eyes. I looked down at my clothes and fixed the shirt a bit before I looked up again. All I waited for was a no, or even worst than that, maybe a burn. Like, I could totally take criticism.. But never I front of all these people and then three cameras that were only focused on me.

Finally, I saw how the judges leaned to each others seats to discuss my performance, all I could hear was whispers, it felt horrible, just standing there, waiting for an answer.

Now Simon looked up at me with a concerned face, it gave me chills. I was prepared.. I was.. Paralysed..

"Louis. Me and my partners here have decided an answer." He stopped and looked over to the others, and they both kept a straight face. I was prepared, I knew that I would go home with not a single 'yes'.

"You're trough, see you at boot camp!" Simon suddenly said and gave me a light smile.

I heard Simon's words and I felt like passing out the minute after, did I really just hear that?

"Thank you so much!" That's what I really could say at that moment, and I was in shock. I brought my fists up in the air and waved to the audience as I turned around and headed backstage.

I ran off the stage with shaking knees and heard the audience cheer loudly.I went up to my mum who greeted me with rushing tears, she was so proud.

"Oh my little, precious, brave and talented boobear, I'm so proud of you." She smiled as she wiped away her tears, she literally used every little adjective she could describe me with.

I wrapped her in for a hug and held her tight. It felt so amazing to share this with my mother, and I couldn't believe I went trough this and got three yes'.

Now I just had to prepare for the final audition, when 40 of us would end up 10. But I felt pumped, and I had a positive feeling about this.

(Emily's POV)

As I pulled the doorknob to my house I felt that it was unlocked. I opened the door slowly and peeked inside, and noticed my mother's bags in the hallway.

She was home again, and I wasn't on the right mood at that moment for welcoming her home. I kicked of my converses and closed the door with a louder bang, so both my mum and my dog Buddy would know that I was home. As fast as I closed the door I heard his paws stumble in the living room. I hung up my jacket in the very last second before I got attacked with licks and hugs by him. I got stumbled down by his heavy weight and I realised how much I've missed him.

"Hey Bud, I've missed you so much!" I repeated over and over again as I patted him on his belly when he spread his body on top of mine.

Buddy was a larger breed, he was counted as a 'mastiff', one of the more larger breeds in the world, and he really lived up to his looks. His paws were bigger than my hands and if he stood up on his hind limbs he would still be taller than me, he was like my own little bear.

As we lay on the floor and just crawled around I saw my mom standing at the door vault, looking down at us. I could feel the tension building up, I was still mad at her for just leaving me like that.

I stood up and fixed my shirt after buddy had been scratching it during our wrestling-fight. I stood in front of her as she gave me a pleased smile, but I just sighed.

"So you're home now.." I crossed my arms over my chest and looked down to the floor.

"Yeah. I'm so sorry that I just left like that, honey. You know that I wouldn't do that if it wasn't important." She said as she fixed her bun, her blonde hair shined bright as always.

I felt less angry after her apology, and I looked up at her and met her blue eyes. She pulled the puppy face like she always does when she wants to make me smile. And she didn't fail this time either.

"There's that smile.." She said as she held her arms wide open.

I smiled even wider and leaned in for the hug, her arms around me felt so warm and loving. I did miss her a lot.
When we stood there in the hallway I felt a sweet smell from the kitchen.
I could almost guess what it was.

"Hey, what's that smell?" I nodded to the kitchen's direction, and she gave me a mysterious smile. Her white teeth shined, I wonder how I ended up like this when my mother looked like a goddess.

"Maybe some hot milk chocolate?" She smiled even wider now, and let go of me and ran into the kitchen.

"Mum, really? I'm 17 years old!" I laughed as I rolled my eyes. Watching her get mugs and some mini-marshmallow bags out of the kitchen cabinet.

"You can't get too old for a hot cup of milk chocolate with your old mother." She said pleased and handed me the cup.

The warmth warmed up my hands as I cupped my hands around it. We went over to our white sofa in the living room and sat down beside each other.

The silence felt for the first time really comfortable but at the same time brought me back to the earlier school day with Oscar. I watched my marshmallows melt because of the heat as my thoughts span around in my head.

"Is everything alright, love?" My mum looked at me as she tried to catch my sight.

"Yeah, everything's fine.." I smiled as I took a zip of my chocolate, leaving me with milk moustache around my lips. We both let out a hysterical laugh and finished the drinks with all these mother-daughter-talks. I told her about Louis and Stephanie. And then my English teacher, mr. Anderson and lastly Oscar. It felt so easy to talk with my mum about all these kinds of things, it felt like she understood how I felt.

"So you won't get back with Louis then?" She said as she lay back a string of my brown hair behind my ear as I had my head lying in her lap.

"I don't know, he's on some kind of vacation and no one can't really tell me what it is. And I don't want to be the one who makes the first step" I sighed and held my eyes straight forward, not really focusing on anything.

"Well, it's your choice, darling. But who is this Oscar? He seems like a nice guy?" She said as she fixed different hairstyles of my hair.

"Uhm.. I don't really know him, but he's okay I guess?" I didn't even realise that a wide smiled hit my lips when his tanned, dark face popped up in my mind.

"Oh.. You're blushing!" My mum laughed as she pinched my left cheek a little bit.

"What?! I'm not!" I laughed as I felt my face heat up.

"Yes you are!" She laughed as she tickled me so I had to beg her to stop.

We laughed and talked while the time just flew away. It was close to nine and I felt really tired.. It was a really special night..

| I know that you may think that it's boring without any 1D-stuff, but please be patient. I know it's hard, but there will be endless of dramatic scenes soon, just wait. I want a good starts which describes the story a lot |