Chapter 10 - Same old shit, but a different day

(Emily’s POV)

“Ugh, stupid car. Why won’t you fucking start..” I muttered under my breath as I turned the key once again to see if my piece of crap car which my dad gave me for my birthday would ever start.
But no.. I rammed on the gas, though I knew that nothing would happen or move.

I sighed as I stepped out of the car, slamming the door shut and kicking the side of it. Yeah I'm stupid. I just had to take the bus to work. A vehicle that I hadn't used in over a year now.

I’m in my last year in school, while having a job and I still need to take the bus to places, unbelievable.. I thought to myself as I headed down the same familiar street to the bus shelter where other people, who looked incredibly tired stood and waited.

My work was a bit special actually, working as a tour guide really was something different compared to other careers. I met up with all these hundreds of tourists who visited our city and my job was to sell them our beautiful, little town ‘Doncaster’. How that would work, I don’t know. I always showed them our unique monuments of different buildings and also tried to convince them that Doncaster was the best city on the planet.

But it was a quite special career, you met new people daily, and sometimes from other places of the world. And then seeing how people from these places were interested in the UK really made me happy, and that's how I knew that I did a really good job.

But I was still pretty good at it while I was in school. My mum left even more now for business trips than she did three years ago, so I had to find some kind of job to get some money in my pockets.
When I first got this job, I coudn't back out. Because I had no money, and I still had to continue with my education. So I just had to do both things, I guess.

I tried to work as much as I could during the weekends, and then study as much as I could during the rest of the week. Believe me, it wasn’t easy.

I pulled up my bus card out of my jacket as I saw the blue vehicle coming towards me on the road, the bus stopped in front of me and I stepped in. I saw that it was filled with too many little girls who were on their way to school. They were all dressed in their blue uniforms and talked in each other’s mouths while they interrupted one another with their own interests. Ugh, I hated kids.

I sighed and tried to push my negative thoughts away and dragged myself to the very back of the bus. I didn’t need a throbbing headache before work by chattering little girls.

I sat down on my seat and placed my bag on the left side of me, looking out of the window without really focusing on anything. Everything had always looked the same here, like it did ten years ago. The same boring signs, the same boring trees that hadn’t moved in years and actually the same people you’d see every day.

I snapped out of my daydreams as I heard two girls chat in front of me, they looked like they were about 11 years old and they sat on the seats just ahead of mine. Their conversation interested me, but I didn’t really know why.

“Yeah, and they are so hot!” A girl with a pony tail shouted out of joy, her eyes were glistening.

“Oh my god, I know! And even one of them is from here! Oh my.. What if we’re riding the same bus that he took to school before he joined the band!” The other girl clapped her hands together of excitement.

Then I actually understood who they were talking about..

“What if we meet them one day, we would be like the biggest directioners ever!” The girls clapped along as they discussed back and forth. And I felt sick.