Chapter 7 - can'tcomeupwithagoodtitle sorry

Chapter 7

"Hey, Lou. Who's that? Harry suddenly said and leaned over to get a closer look of.. Emily.. It felt like my heart skipped a beat when I realized that I had to say her name out loud.

"Ehm.. That's.. Emily.." I said as I studied the picture of her, she looked so beautiful.

"Well, is she your Emily? Because damn, what a babe!" Harry smirked at me as I met his glare. I let out a low chuckle by his look. The other boys looked interested as well.

"Well, I.." I got cut off by Harry's excitement that didn't let me finish my sentence.

"Well, you're a lucky guy for having her mate. This girl is flawless!" Harry smiled at me, his eyes looked went from mine, to the background on my phone.

But that made me just miss her more, I hadn't even thought of her during the whole day, and I'm not planning on either. She's probably not even thinking of me. I put back my phone in my back pocket and with nervous knees we headed over to the center stage where we met the rest of us forty appliers.
We all walked up on stage next to each other. We got placed on a long row in front of the judges and all of us looked pretty nervous.

"Glad you all could join us today." Simon finally spoke up and we hungrily took in every single word he said to us.

"But unfortunately, not all of you can continue this journey with us." He continued and studied us all one by one with his glare.

"I'm going to count up ten of you, and the names I will call up will take a step forward, out of the ordinary line." Simon stood up and grabbed a list that lay on the table in front of him.

"Richard Clemmens, can you please take a step forward." Simon smiled at a guy a bit further away from me, his face went blank and you could clearly see that he was about to pass out when he took his step forward.

A few more names were listed and I begged to hear my name being called sooner or later. I looked at all the people on my sides and met Harry's glare looking for mine. We caught eyes and gave each other a nod, I didn't really understand what he meant, but it felt good to have him here with me.

Now it was just three names left, and me, Zayn, Niall, Harry and Liam still stood here, waiting for our names to be called. But nothing came.

"Okay guys, the last one who I'm going to count up is..." Simon took a deep breath and took a look at all of us before he continued. I couldn't describe that feeling, I knew that I wouldn't have my name called up, I would go back to my old school and just hear people laughing at me, that I didn't come anywhere with this, that I couldn't sing. The thought made me furious, and I felt how my tears built up.

"Cliff Hermen. Please step forward." Simon said and we all looked at the guy who's name was Cliff.

"For the rest of you, your journey ends here. I'm sorry." Simon gave us all a disappointed look. But I just stood there, didn't really understand the words. This was really over. The tears streamed down my cheeks, but I wiped them away fast, scared to show my emotions.

The rest of us walked off the stage in the same line as we came with bowed heads. We met our families. I could see my mom standing a little further away at the exit, actually not crying this time. She smiled at me, but I was the one who cried.

"My precious boobear.." She shushed me slowly as I reached her with tears streaming down my cheeks. She kissed the top of my head, just holding me tight as she rocked me in her arms as we stood there hugging each other.

"I am so proud of you. I really am." She cupped my cheeks gently and looked deep into my blue eyes. But I still felt untalented and disappointed.

"C'mon let's go home, honey" She held my arm a little and we both walked out of the room when I suddenly remembered the other boys.