Chapter Twenty-One: A Search Begins

Peggy's POV:
I walked into my dirty, old, thing that I call a house that was barely standing up. Inside this place that I call a home was the smell of liquor bottles, cigarettes, and sweat. Dirty clothes, glass bottles, some shatter some not, littered the floor. At lease the cigarette butts were in the ash tray. The only light was the TV. That was the only bill my Dad would pay for. Speaking of my father, he was passed out on the couch; stained with yellow cigarette stains and red wine stains. He'd only drink wine when he was out of beer, or whiskey, or moonshine. I worked my ass off to pay for the bills and college. When I wasn't working, I was at school, or working on homework, or doing chores. I put my stuff into my room -- which was the only room that was clean. I walked into the kitchen and started cleaning. I swept and mopped the floor, I cleaned the counters and put the bottles of whiskey and moonshine back to there rightful place. I cleaned up the living room by picking up the dirty clothes and wiping the glass shards off of them. I put them in the hamper, swept up the shards of glass, I sorted the laundry and started a load. I took the clean clothes, put each of mine in there rightful place, and my father's in his dresser. It took a while in his room because he had piles and piles of clean clothes that were never put up. I cleaned his room and did another load of laundry. After that, I did load of dishes and made myself a sandwich for dinner. While I ate I did my homework and studied. The news channel switched on TV.
A blonde reporter with full, red lips, started to speak, "My name is Rebecca Porter with your twenty-four hour news. Today a Build-A-Bear workshop was a attack by Crazy Bri, the psychopath serial killer, but civilians were saved by this new hero they are now calling Ghost Girl."
I looked up from my textbook; curious of this Ghost Girl. An eyewitness started telling the story and I walked from the table to the door frame to get a better look at the TV. After two eyewitnesses, some pictures of Ghost Girl came on TV.
I almost couldn't believe what I saw -- it was Alice. My jaw was dropping at the sight. I was going through the possibilities that she might have been there at the railroad tracks, but I didn't think... I never thought that she actually... was alive.
"Alice..." I whispered. I had been quiet ever since I got home, but I couldn't help myself to say her name. I thought she was dead.
My father groaned and I knew it wouldn't be long before he woke up.
The wheels in my head started turning and in a few minutes I developed a plan. After the second and last load of laundry, I put the clean clothes in there rightful place, called the college and work for a few days off, packed my bags. I packed enough clothes for the time I called off. Since it was close to another break because of repairs to school and work for the high winds we've had, it wouldn't be much of a problem. I pack the rest of my necessities. I put a pair of skinny jeans, my ex-boyfriend's old winter shirt, my black doc martens, a beanie, and my leather jacket. I put some belladona in my dads liquor bottle, and I grabbed my gloves, my bag, and my car keys. I put my bag in the back of the car, put the keys in the ignition, and started driving leaving my broken home behind to find my best friend.... and my family.... Alice.

______________________________________________________________________________

HEY GUYS! So I was wondering if you guys have heard Halsey's new album. She's an amazing artist and her new album is SO PERFECT! That's why I decided to use her song "Angel On Fire" for this chapter I LOVE IT! Although my favorite song is "Sorry" from her new album. Also don't forget to check out Bea Miller's new album Chapter Two: Red. She's also a great young artist with amazing talent. Anyways don't forget to check out my first novel, and my friends anxious_cyn and Mysterious_Is_Me 's stories. THEY ARE AMAZING!
Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter! And there are more to come I promise! 💖💖 LOVE YOU MY DARLINGS! 💖💖 P.S. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Be sure to comment and vote! And thank you for everything you guys!