Chapter Six: I Wish I Was An Airplane

I went to the roof after breakfast. This time I just had a yogurt cup and coffee. Aiden insisted on making breakfast and I insisted on having my own breakfast. He gave up and let me eat what I wanted. I climbed to the roof and started thinking.
I can't tell him anything else. That's breaking down walls. I'm not interested in that. But...what if Fa wanted me to break down my walls? Is that what I'm supposed to do? No. Fa didn't bring me to Aiden to break down my walls. He brung me here to have a partner. That's all. I can't break down my walls. Trust is something that has to be earned....and it takes a long time to earn my trust. But has he earned it? I mean he saw me cry. He saw me traumatized?....No. I looked back at my window. I heard Aiden downstairs working on machinery. I decided to go see him. I was curious in what he was doing. I climbed back through the my window, and ran downstairs. I ran to the garage. He was working on a car...wait a second...that's not just any car...that's a 1967 Shelby Cobra.
"Nice car" I said. Aiden turned and smiled "You know something about cars?"
"I know enough to know that's a 1967 Shelby Cobra" I said.
"I'm impressed. I never expected you to-"
"Know about cars?" I finished the rest of his sentence.
"Yeah" he scratched the back of his neck. He grabbed a gray pullover hoodie and slipped it over his head. He sat next to me.
"So what's up?" He asked.
"Nothing really, I was just a bit curious and bored" I put my feet up on the table.
"Oh. You're bored?" He asked.
"Yeah" I said.
"Oh well...you want to take a walk or something?" He asked.
"Mm, I don't know. I guess so" I shrugged.
"Okay, well, I'll get some better clothes on" he said.
"You don't have to go with me, I mean, you're working. I could just-"
"Nope I'm coming with you" he insisted.
Well then.
"Okay" I got up and went outside. I waited for him. My ponytail was getting lose, so I redid it again.
"You know you're hair really dose look better when it's down" he walked out of the front door with a new sweatshirt on, and a smile on his face.
"Would you like me to keep it down?" I asked.
"I'm just saying" he put his hands up in surrender. I finished my ponytail.
"Let's go" I said. We walked through the woods behind the safe house.
We walked along this trail. We had to dodge a few braches. Especially me. Every time Aiden pushed a branch away, it would've almost hit me.
He pushed away another branch and it started coming my way. I ducked.
"Haven't you noticed that there's a person behind yoy?" I said. He turned around.
"Oh, sorry" he said. We kept walking and soon I heard water.
"Is that....water?" I asked.
"Maybe" he smiled.
"What aren't you telling me?" I asked.
"Just keep walking and you'll see" he said. Soon we made it up to this exit. He held the branches out of the way, and waved his hand on for me to walk through. I went through and saw a waterfall. It looked like it had a light blue and lilac tint to it. I gasped.
"Wow" I covered my mouth. Aiden walked up next to me and smiled.
"It's beautiful isn't it?" He asked.
"God, beautiful isn't even the right word" I said. The waterfall seemed to sparkle. It was a hidden waterfall. I guess that's what you'd call it. The Hidden Waterfall. There was a ledge that went close to the waterfall and intercepted the river. I looked at Aiden and smiled. I ran to the ledge and stood at the edge. I heard the rushing river -- the rushing waterfall flowing into the river. The sun was setting at the right angle that made the trees look angelic or holy. I stretched my arms, and looked back.
"I'm queen of the world!" I yelled at Aiden with a smile.
"Really?" He asked.
"Oh shut up!" I said. I noticed the rocks were naturally made to make a sort of ladder up close to the river. It only went about third of the way up, but I had the brightest idea to go up and climb it. I let my arms fall to my sides and looked up at the natural ladder of rock. I started climbing.
"Careful. You might fall. I'd hate to see the queen of the world fall" Aiden started walking towards me. I climbed up to the top and sat down on one of the small ladder holds. I looked up at the sky.
"God it's beautiful" I said. Aiden seemed to be too busy looking at me to notice the sky. I looked down at him.
"Why are you looking at me?" I asked.
He just looked at me with a little sparkle in his eye.
"No reason" he said.
"Okay. Well, then you should come up here and look at something that's actually worth looking at" I scooted a little more left and made some room for Aiden. He climbed up and squeezed in.
"You know, you are worth looking at" he said. I looked back at him and titled my head sideways.
"I'm just saying this sunset is more beautiful than me" I said. He looked directly into my eyes "You're way more beautiful than a sunset."
His eyes sparkled and he smiled. We stared at each other for a minute. Then we heard an airplane above us. I looked up.
Sometimes I wish I was an airplane.
I wish I could just fly, fly far away. I wish that one day I could just leave all of this crap. Live as free as a bird. I wonder what it would be like to fly.
I wish I could fly. So I could fly away from this mess, I thought to myself, I'm wishing on an airplane. This is so pathetic. Wishing on airplanes. Stupid.
I looked at the ground as I scolded myself.
I wish I was a kid again. I wish...that wishing on airplanes actually worked.
Unfortunately, wishing on airplanes didn't work. Once we went back to the safe house. Aiden looked at the cameras. And I knew I wasn't going to bored anymore.

______________________________________________________________________________
CLIFFHANGER! MUWAHAHAHA!
So anyways, I want to recommend reading stories from @mysterious_is_me @cas_with_kittens and @pinkoplas PLEASE!!!! Vote, comment, and follow! Also, if you haven't already, please read We Are Wildflowers.
THANK YOU!!! BYYYYEE! I love you my darling fans! 💖💙❤a user