Chapter Eight: Night Filled With Nightmares

Aiden came in and started making a pallet on the floor. I could tell he wanted to sleep beside me, but I was glad he respected my privacy...well sort of. He laid down on the pallet and went to sleep. It took me a few minutes, but I was finally able to close my eyes. And, once again, that was a big mistake, I started seeing so many images and the words she said started ringing in my head from the previous nightmares. I knew I was screaming, because Aiden was then standing over me; trying to wake me up. I was clutching my head with my hands and felt cold again.
"Alice, Alice, it's okay" he said.
I immediately wrapped my arms around him. He hugged me back and I felt like sobbing, but I fought back the tears. I hugged him tight.
"Hey, hey, you're okay" he held me a bit. We pulled back and I looked at him.
"Thank you. You don't have to be so kind" I said.
"No problem, it's my job. Remeber?" He smiled smally. I smiled small back at him.
"Tea?" Aiden asked.
"That would be great" I replied. He went downstairs and started making tea.
Stupid, I shouldn't have let him go down there and make tea. I'll close my eyes again and I'll scream again. Like a pathetic little girl. God, I hate myself so much, I thought. I wish he wouldn't have gone because then I would start thinking. Thinking about these things weren't good for me; but I did anyways. I pulled my knees to my chest and twittled my thumbs. I looked at my hands. I kept thinking about my nightmares -- until Aiden walked in with two cups of tea.
He handed me one and sat beside me with a cup of tea in his hand. I looked at the wall and thought of the images. I wanted to let my knees buckle and just sob against the wall. Did I do that? Nope. I just looked down at my hands or the patterns in the blanket and sipped my tea. My hair was a mess and I kept fixing it. I had no idea why, but I felt as if I should fix my hair or something.
Soon, after the tea, I slowly closed my eyes and fell asleep on Aiden's shoulder. Although I didn't notice because once I closed my eyes another nightmare just like the one before came and started messing with me.

Aiden:

After the tea, Alice fell asleep. I hadn't told her, and I hoped she didn't notice, but I kinda liked her. I didn't care about the nightmares, they just gave me another reason to get close to her. And another reason for her to need me. I felt bad that she had them, but they did help pull me closer to her. She had her head on my shoulder. Her messy hair was soft, and she started shifting.
Probably another nightmare, I guessed. But I didn't know so I didn't wake her up. Alice's scar twitched a little. She might have thought it was terrible, but honestly...I thought it made her look cool. And a bit badass.
I smiled smally at my tea cup. I tapped the side of it and looked at Alice. Her eyebrows were scrunched up and she looked a little worried or scared. I put my arm around her, and a few minutes later she started screaming.
"ALICE! Alice! Alice! Hey hey hey! Alice look at me!" I said. She opened her eyes and looked at me. She looked so scared out of her mind. I pulled her close and hugged her. She hesitated but hugged me back.
"It's okay" I whispered, "It's okay."
I held her close.

Alice:

"Whatever you do, please, never let me close my eyes again" I said after we pulled apart.
"I told you before I can't promise you that" Aiden said.
"Just please" I pleaded.
"Why?" He asked. My muscles tensed and my shoulders straightend.
"Because my nightmares are filled with dark and demented images" I confessed.
"What kind?" He asked.
"Just be quiet please" I pleaded again.
"Okay" he looked at me with worry in his eyes. You can always tell when someone is worried about you. They have that little glint in their eyes that just look a little sad, their eyebrows get scrunched up. I wish they'd stop worrying about me. I don't need to be worried about. I don't really deserve it either. I hugged myself. Why is it after every nightmare I'm freezing cold? Even with a hoodie on. I stared at the wall.
"So when do we go to Brooklyn?" I asked.
"Tomarrow" he replied.
"Well you should get sleep, I'm fine" I said.
"You've had about three nightmares in one night, no way you're okay" he said.
I've had more than three in one night before, I said to myself in my mind.
"I'm fine, Aiden, just go to sleep" I said.
"Nope. Uh uh, no way. I'm staying up. What is it? Three o'clock in the morning?" He checked the clock,
"Nope five thirty-four." He sat down beside me on the bed again, crossed his extended legs, and used his arms as a pillow.
"You're not going to listen to me, are you?" I asked.
"Nope, absolutely not" he smiled.
I sighed and laid down. I crossed my arms over my chest.
"I hate you" I said.
"You can't express that enough to me" he smiled.
"Annoying."
"Difficult."
"Supercilious."
"Hard-headed."
"Stupid."
"Albert Einstein."
"Grease monkey."
"Block girl."
"Body guard."
"Beautiful."
"What?"
"Huh? What?"
I guess this ends in a question.
Did he say beautiful? Because that is so not true. That's not even a comeback, I thought.
I looked up at the ceiling and let darkness take over me; hoping and praying that the nightmares don't come into my mind. Until the nightmares actually came.
Here it comes again. Another nightmare.

______________________________________________________________________________
So, anyways, I know this is short but I couldn't think really so. Anyways, another nightmare is coming and other things are rising. So be prepared. XD Love you my darlings! Oh and THANK YOU FOR NUMBER NINE IN ACTION ON WATTPAD! XD Thank you so much! All the votes, and comments, and follows! Thank you! You don't have to, but you do and that's what makes you great people! Thank you! And I love you! Also, if you haven't already please read my other book, and my friends books. Thank you! That's @cas_with_kittens and @mysterious_is_me and also @pinkopals