Prologue: The Fire

The house was on fire. I sat up in my bed.
"MOMMY! DADDY!" I yelled and banged on my parents bedroom. Little did I know they were gone. I tried to open the door but it was too hot. I put my back against he door and hyperventilated.
"MOMMY!" I yelled. Nothing. I ran down the hall.
"JACKIE!" I yelled as I ran to my sisters bedroom door. It was already open. I ran inside. My sister laid on the bed.
"JACKIE!" I shook her. I tossed her over and saw blood all over the pillows.
"JACKIE?!" I yelled. Nothing. She was already dead. There was a bullet hole in her head. And the house was burning faster. I ran to my room grabbed my Disney backpack and put my clothes in there. I put my stuffed dragon, Mushu (named after the red dragon from Mulan), and stuffed in there. I grabbed my locket Mom gave me, slipped on my rain boots and jumped out the window. Before I could make it far enough from the windows. The fire blew out the  windows. I was knocked down. I looked back and a pecie of glass cut me across my eye. I yelped in pain and held my left eye. I ran away. In only my plaid pajamas and pink polka-dot rain boots. And with nothing but my dragon Mushu, a locket, and some extra clothes. I looked back once again and a man in a black car drove off. I kept running; thinking he was going to come back. I ran into one of the dark alleys of New York City. The sirens wailed from far away. But it was too far.
I sat next to a dumpster and cried. It burned my eye, but I didn't care in that moment. After a few hours, I walked through the streets of New York. Alone. I made it all the way to Manhattan. I was looking for a police officer. Someone who could help me. I didn't find any yet. I kept walking. Finally, I found a police car. I ran up to it.
"Excuse me! Mr. Police Officer!" I tapped on the glass window. It rolled down.
"Jesus Christ! Kid what are you doing out here by yourself? And how did you get that cut? Charlie, get the First Aid Kit!" He stepped out of the car and knelt down beside me. His partner, Charlie, came in. She came in with the first aid kit.
"Good God! What's this kid doing out here all alone!" Charlie said. She knelt down and patched up the cut on my eye.
"Jesus this is going to leave a mark" she said as she patched me up.
"Look I'll get her some food. You must be starving!" Charlie said. I nodded silently.
"Will you tell me what happend?" She asked. I nodded.
"Okay, c'mon let's go get you some food" She said. We drove in the cop car and stopped at a Chinese restaurant. She opened the door for me.
"C'mon kid" the cop guy, Allen, reached his hand out. I hesitated, but I took his hand. We walked into the restaurant. I got some rice and sesame chicken.
"So what's your name?" Allen asked.
"Alice" I said, "Alice Silvertounge."
"Well, Alice, you're safe now. Okay? You can tell us what happened" he assured me.
"My house caught on fire. Mommy and Daddy didn't wake up. And Jackie had a hole in her head. Jackie didn't wake up either" as soon as I said a my house burned down, two Russian  guys looked at me immediately. The cops looked at me sympathetically.
"Well, Alice, you're safe-" the two Russian guys pulled out their guns and started shooting. A bunch of people ran out the door. Charlie put me behind her, and she and Allen pulled out her guns.
"LOWER YOUR WEAPONS! LOWER YOUR WEAPONS NOW!" Allen and Charlie said. The Russian men smirked and shot Allen and Charlie.
I went under the table and grabbed my chopsticks. Stupid weapon, of course.
"Little girl. This will only hurt a little bit" one of the Russians pulled out his gun.
"HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPON OR I'LL SHOOT!" The other one said. I heard one gun shot and then both Russian men fell to the floor. I pulled my knees to my chest and stayed under the table. An Asian man looked under the table. He had a long mustache and his hair was pulled back in a small bun. He was about forty years old.
"Hello, Alice, I'm Fa Liang. You're safe now, it's okay to come out" he said.
I shook my head.
"No more fire, no more gunshots...NO MORE!" I cried and put my hands to my hands over my ears. Fa Liang came under the table.
"No there will be no more chaos, child, everything will be okay" Fa Liang gently pulled my hands from my head. I looked at him.
"There will be no more chaos" he said.
"No more fire, no more gunshots?" I asked. He shook his head.
"You're safe now okay?"
"Okay Fa Liang" I said. And he took me to his mansion.