New Beginnings

For a week we slept at Ashley's parents' house. Our house was cleaned the day after the incident but I didn't feel comfortable sleeping there knowing what happened. And oh boy, a pregnant woman would definitely not even think about sleeping there.

Patrick and his girlfriend were going steady and seemed to spend every moment together; the pictures and his stories convinced me of it. I did find out where Riley was buried and visited his grave and placed a single rose next to his gravestone. When I went back to where I met Mrs Riley, the apartment was empty and I had no way of contacting her.

No one knows about our meeting and I didn't plan to say anything to anyone.

No one got the $500,000 reward the Savanna family was offering for the capture of Charles. The fat cats sat on their money instead of donating it to some city development. The rich will always remain that way.

Three weeks later after hours of screaming, swearing, shrieking, sweating and crying Lucy Anderson came into the world. She was a bubbling five pound blessing.

I had the entire living room refurbished just a few days before Lucy came into our lives. It placed a dent in our accounts but that was the least of our problems as a newborn is very difficult to handle. Lucy's godmother actually lived up to her job, Dr Sharpe or as she's known out of the station, Margret was a natural with babies and we saw her once a week.

I didn't sell my drum set, instead I donated it to the church nearby. We had no space for it now since the arrival of Lucy.

In the end I couldn't bring back any of the victims but I gave their loved ones full closure. If it wasn't for the coincidence of my wife dating the serial killer back in the day, I wouldn't have figured it out.

I didn't feel accomplished at the end of this case and I applied for a six months leave so I could spend some quality time with my wife and daughter.