Messy

When my phone rang alerting me about the death at the Park Washington Club I was already in my car. For some reason I felt compelled to sit in there and wait.

It was 1:34 pm on my dash and instead of waiting for Patrick I blazed to the scene before any media team. When I reached, a news team was just setting up and not a yellow tape was in sight. That means they could barge in on my crime scene.

I ran over in the rain to the restaurant and flashed my badge a few times. Next I ordered the main entrance to be closed and no one goes in nor out without my consent.

Three paramedics were huddled over the body which was still on the ground.

Talk about fresh meat.

I knelt down, pulled back the white tarp and examined the body. Her lips were puffy and red.

"What is this? Poison?" I asked to no one specific.

"Allergic reaction to something or another." A voice came from behind me.

"Detective," a man wearing a three piece suit came to me. He stuck out his hand.

I got up and surveyed the man. His appearance tipped me off that he was the manager. Also the big shiny badge with the position printed on it.

I took his hand, and shook it. He guided me to one side, careful not to step on the body.

"I am Andrew Garfield. I was wondering if this little incident could be kept to minimal. No media. A tight lid needs to be secured with this." The manager led me as far away from the body as possible.

"I understand your concern Sir. I will need to speak to all of your employees and everyone who was inside at the time of the death."

"All of them? Good Gracious!" The man eyes widen as I made the demand.

"Yes, all. Excuse me." I saw Patrick banging on the entrance of the restaurant.

"You're late." I told Detective Sutherland as I opened the door.

"Sorry if I can't afford a car."  He said. "What do we have?"

"A disaster."

"I can see from the mess on the ground." He started walking over to the victim's body.

An overturned plate laid nearby, it's content spilled all over the carpet. I grabbed a napkin from a table and took up the plate.

"Well I'll be damned." I showed Patrick our first and expected clue; a yellow paper glued down on the inside of the plate.