Stranger Things

When we got the call about a man found dead in his bathroom, I thought it was no way possibly related to our other cases. But when the piece of paper was mentioned, my brain went into overdrive.
A man was far from what we expected.

Patrick had called in sick; something about the flu. I was left with a bunch of clumsy, loud-mouth uniform cops who knew nothing when it comes onto homicide. 

The victim was removed from his house and sent down to the station. The water was cleared from the bathroom and the room was being inspected by a set of borrowed forensics from SVU.

The bathroom was cramped, sex in it would be impossible. The killer must love water or have some type of unhealthy obsession with it. This was the second murder committed in a bath. Unlike the first victim, this one was a soft, clean shaven young man.

I didn't know what exactly to look for. The crime was redirected to my division two hours after SVU muddled with the scene.

"Detective," a man dressed in a trench coat addressed me. "The victim's sister is here to see you."

I made my way outside where a females in her mid thirties waited.
"Hello Ms..." I trailed off waiting for her to tell me her name.
Alas I was disappointed when she skipped it.

"He was a good soul. Never got into any fights, always greeted his neighbors, kept in touch with family members. Even when some discriminated against him for what he did." Her back was turned to me as she spoke.

"I'm sorry for your loss." After a whole minute passed without a reply, I spoke again. "Are you familiar with the circumstances in which your brother died?"

"A serial killer, its all over the news." Her words were cold.

"Indeed it is. Why do you think he was killed? He don't exactly fit into the same description as the rest of the victims."

"She was killed for the same reason as the other victims, no doubt. A sadistic killer who makes your job harder and relatives weep." The female in front of me rubbed her shoulders.

"She?" I asked.

"Yes Detective." She turned to me, tears in eyes. "You see my brother Carl was born as Selena, a female."