Searching

Patrick and I went to newly form division of the precinct. It was the analyst room. It was a hardly used division in the building.
Only one person worked down there and it was time for her to earn her pay.

Darlene Francis spun in her chair when we came in. She arms were of medium built but her thighs were massive in size. She must regularly crush watermelons between them. Despite her robust size she barely made a sound when she moved.

The room was filled with computers and special equipment for which I couldn't comprehend the use of. All I knew it must have cost a fortune, good thing it was given to us by a benefactor.

"Hello there people who I've never seen before." Darlene said when she saw us.

For some reason or another she has never seen us.

I allowed Patrick to do the introductions.
"Hello, my name is Detective Sutherland and this is my partner Detective Anderson and we are from homicide."

"Oh, the big league." Darlene seemed to drool over the words.

"It's just one big league with different players," my partner pursued the conversation.

"Not in my eyes Detective," the analyst batted her eyes at Patrick.

"Ahem," I cleared my throat. "To the matter at hand here"
I produced the papers from the pocket of my coat.
"Darlene I would like you to test these papers for something."

"A little vague there Detective. Can you be a bit more specific? Are you looking for something in particular?"

"Yes I am. I'm looking for a lead. Get me one."

"Well we know who is the grumpy old man in this duo now." I heard the whisper from Darlene.

Patrick chuckled and I shot him a look which made him stop abruptly.

"One hour, that's when I want the results."

"How do you expect me to do all that in one hour?" The analyst whined.

"Simple, you are going to use all those fancy gadgets of yours and if I were you, I'd start working on it."

******************************************

It was after seven in the evening when I phoned Ashley.
"Hey Ash."

"Yea Dear?"

"How was work today?"

"Not so good. These kids make me want to not have this one." She laughed when she said that.

I laughed too.
I just have to keep the good vibes going.

"You do see the time right?" She asked.

"Well yes I had to help Patrick with a date problem."
A date problem? Seriously? Where the hell was my lying mojo?

"Oh? Who is he dating?" My wife asked, probably already imagining up a woman figure.

"You know he made me promised to keep it a secret."

"Really now Courtney?" I could almost see her rolling her eyes.

"Yes he did Babe. I'll be home soon though. Just have to pick up a few things."

"Okay later." My wife's voice sounded dull.

I hanged up and woke Patrick who was sleeping at his desk.

"No country for sleeping men Patrick. Let's go, the hour's up."