Chapter 28

That's a nice tree

Where'd she buy those shoes?

Why the heck is my right armpit sweating?

So I've been inside Xander's car for a few minutes now and I'm desperately trying to find something that will make the awkwardness or the tension go away. Us not talking is not helping, at all.

I've had enough. I'm going to break the silence. I'm going to be the strong and mature one here.

"So, do you like coffee?"

Seriously, Lauren? That's it?

"I guess" He said while waiting for the stop light to turn green. I nod trying to think of something to say. The stop light turns green then the car started moving again. I look outside the window and saw a coffee shop.

We're finally here

"We're not going there" Xander said reading my mind. "Why?" I asked confused. He lets out an irritated sigh "Will you stop asking questions?" He said annoyed. I roll my eyes and crossed my arms and looked away.

This guy seriously has anger issues. If you ask two or more questions he gets irritated and annoyed.

I look outside the window trying to calm myself down and stop my mouth from saying anything that will make Xander kick me out of his car.

"I noticed that you like taking pictures. That's why I'm taking you to this coffee shop that you will surely like" He said deeply.

My anger went away and was replaced with a warm feeling.

That's really thoughtful of him...

I look at him with a soft smile. "Really?" He looks at me then his expression softened for a second. "You have your phone with you?" He asked. I quickly took out my phone from my pocket and showed him.

"Ofcourse I do"

.........

Coffee cabin

We walk inside the coffee shop and I was immediately greeted by the relaxing scent of coffee. I look around and all of the stress that I've been feeling for the past few days went away. The shop was small and made of wood-even the chairs and tables. There were tons of yellow light bulbs hanging from the ceiling.

"Wow" I whispered to myself. "I knew you'd like it" Xander said while looking around. "Good Afternoon, Sir Woods" said the small petite lady behind the counter. Her eyes shined when she saw Xander walk in but the shine went away when she saw me. She gives me a forced smile then quickly looks away.

I couldn't stop the jealous feeling that was I was slowly feeling. I try to act normal but I couldn't help but glare at the girl.