Chapter 8

I open my eyes and I remove the blanket that was wrapped around me. I look at the other bed and see David sleeping with his mouth wide open. I look at the bed on top of the bed I was sleeping on and I see Andrea sleeping while snoring loudly. I was about to go back to sleep then my eyes widened.

"Crap" I whispered. I forgot that I was suppose to stay up late with Xander. I grab the huge cozy gray blanket then I left the room.

"I'm so sorry" I said while sitting down on the passenger seat. I look at Xander who was only wearing his gray sweatpants. I look at his tribal tattoo and noticed how beautiful it was. "It's okay" He said "Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked while hugging the blankets tightly because it was really cold. "I told you, I don't need company to keep me up" He said.

Well, that was kind of offending.

"Oh" was all I could say. I lick my lips while trying to think of a topic. I look at him carefully. He really was very good looking, his body was very muscular and his jaw line was sharp. "Do you feel cold?" I asked while looking at him. I was freezing to death while he was there driving, shirtless. "No" I raised my eyebrow while looking at him "Are you sure? It's cold as hell and you're over there shirtless" He smirks "You love it, don't you?" My eyes widened and felt my cheeks burning. "Oh please" Was all I could say. He chuckles a little and shooks his head and said "You look like a tomato" which made me blush even more "Stop" I said while wrapping the blankets around me tightly and slightly covering my face. "Stop what?" He said while trying to hide his smirk. I groan and I tried to glare at him "You know exactly what you're doing" He chuckles again and nods "Okay" I look at his smiling lips and didn't notice that I was smiling too.

"Do you wan't anything? Food? Drink?" I asked. "I'm good" He said while grabbing something from his pocket. "Okay then" He takes out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. I sigh and quickly stole his cigarette. He looks at me suspiciously "Let's make a deal" I said while hiding the tiny box that was full of death stick. He doesn't answer but I knew he was listening. "I'll do anything that you want me to do" I said. He nods "I'm listening"

"You have to quit smoking for one week" He doesn't answer. He just continued driving and stayed quiet. "I'm guessing that's a no?" I said a bit disappointed. "Can I drink?" He asked "Yes" I said while smiling widely "Is that a yes?" I asked. He looks at me for a while and hands me his lighter "Deal" I grab his lighter and laughed "Thank you" I open the window and I threw the tiny box away. I put the lighter inside my pocket. "I made this deal because I wan't to show you that you don't need to burn your lungs just to escape your problems" I said while looking at him seriously. He licks his lips making his lips shine. I look at his lips then his eyes. "Why?" He said out of nowhere. I look at him confused "What do you mean?" I asked "Why do you care?" He asked. I open my mouth to answer but nothing came out. Because I didn't know the answer too. "I just do, is that a bad thing?" He looks at me like he was trying to figure something out "You're different from the way I thought you would be, Blackwell" He said.

When he said my last name, my heart started beating faster. "Is that a good thing?" I asked secretly wishing that it was. He slowly nods and gives me a small smile. When he wasn't looking at me anymore, I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

I'm different

........

I look at the clock

1:23 a.m

I groan "Are we there yet?" Xander shooks his head "No" I sigh and stood up to drink water. I was standing infront of the fridge, drinking water while watching Xander drive. It was getting colder and colder. "Lauren?" My eyes widened when I heard him say my name. "Yeah?" I answered back, trying to keep it cool. "Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure, anything" I said "Can you wake David up and tell him I need to borrow his jacket" He said. Instead of doing what he told me I unwrap na thick blanket that has been wrapped around me for more than two hours now and I wrap it around him. While wrapping it around him my left cheek accidentally touched his right cheek. I quickly move away "Just use that" I said. He looks at the blanket "What about you?" I shook my head "Don't worry about me. I'm feeling warm now" I lied. My feet and hands were still cold as ice. Xander wraps the blanket around him and continued driving. I look at him while smiling. He looked cute. I walk back to my seat and hugged my knees "You sure you're not feeling cold?" I nod my head "I'm positive" I said. I look around the car and realized how beautiful it was. It was all beige. I look at the drivers seat and realized it was so big. I could sit down beside Xander. But ofcourse I wouldn't do that. I yawn and felt my eyes dropping. "Go back inside the room and sleep" Xander said. "What? No" I said sitting up straight forcing myself to stay awake. "Don't be stubborn just go, I can handle this" I shook my head "No, I wan't to stay up with you. Andrea did her part, I have to too" I said. "Do you wan't coffee?" I asked him. I was surprised he said yes because these past few hours he just kept on rejecting my offers. I put hot coffee inside a coffee cup. I grab the cup and walked back to him.

"Here you go" I said while handing him the cup. He accidentally touches my hand. "Your hands are cold" He said while putting the cup inside the cup holder. I just shrug and went back to my seat. "You can take the blanket now, your hands are cold as ice" He said. "No it's okay, I'm good" He sighs and shooks his head "You're so stubborn" I look at him "I am not! Yes, i'm cold but you are too. You're the one who's driving while i'm here just sitting down. You deserve that more than I do okay" I said while looking away. I heard him chuckle "I deserve this blanket more than you do? It's just a blanket, Lauren" I decided to stay quiet and ignore him.

After a few seconds, the car stopped moving. I look at Xander who was looking at me. He stopped the car in the middle of the freaking road. Good thing there was no car behind us. "Come here" He said. My heart started beating faster again. "Why?" I asked. He doesn't answer he just stared at me, waiting for me to sit beside him. I sighed and sat down beside him. He wraps the blanket around us and looks at me "Better? We both deserve it" He smiles then continued driving. I started blushing because I was so close that our bodies were touching. His body was warm which made me feel sleepier. "Sleep if you wan't to sleep, okay?" He said. I look at him and smiled "Don't worry about me too much, Mr. Woods" I joked. He chuckles and smirks

"I'll try not to care too much, Ms. Blackwell"