Chapter 49

The lights went out

Xander and I were busy making out for God knows how long now, his tank top was nowhere to be found, my shirt was on the floor and everything was just a hot mess.

My hands were making its way to Xander's shorts when all of a sudden the lights went out making Xander and I stop.

I can hear Xander cursing under his breath making me giggle.

"Stay here" I heard him mutter. I quickly search for his arm and grabbed it tightly "Wait don't leave me, I'm scared" I said like a coward. I wasn't really that scared of the dark but with all the heavy rain and thunder, it suddenly became scary.

I can hear Xander moving and searching for something. After a few seconds, his phone flashlight turns on making me squint

"I'm going downstairs to get some candles, do you want to come with me?" I nod and followed him downstairs. We both head towards the kitchen and he started looking through the cupboard. He hands me a few candles that were inside a mason jar. I quickly place the candles that he was handing me on top of the table because he was handing me more candles

"I think this is more than enough" I said looking at the candles on the table. Xander closes the cupboard and started lighting each candle. I stare at the candle in awe, it looked beautiful

"My mom taught me this" Xander mumbled, lighting the fifth candle "I used to be afraid of the dark when I was a kid, since one candle can't light up the whole room, she would always light many candles so that I wouldn't be afraid anymore

"My mom taught me this" Xander mumbled, lighting the fifth candle "I used to be afraid of the dark when I was a kid, since one candle can't light up the whole room, she would always light many candles so that I wouldn't be afraid anymore. For safety purposes, she put all our candles inside a mason jar" I watch Xander light up the tenth candle.

Yes, it was too much candle for the both of us but I didn't want to interrupt the moment. This was his moment of remembering his mother. I quickly grab a lighter that was on top of the table and started helping him light up the last two. I can feel him watching my every move. Once I was done, I look at the candles and smiled "All done"

I look at Xander and saw him looking at the candles with a soft smile on his face

"Yeah" He muttered

"How about let's bring all these candles up to your room before the jar gets hot?" I said with a small smile. He answer with a nod and quickly grabs three jars, I try to copy his actions but my hands were too small so I decided to stick with two jars at a time.

After a few minutes, all candles were in his room. The candles were evenly spread around the room, it was on his desk, the floor, bedside table.

It didn't even look like the electricity was out.

I suddenly felt a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist. Xander pulls me closer to him, making me close my eyes, enjoying the warmth that was radiating off his bare chest that was touching my bare back.