bruises /// yoonkook

Six shades of laughter were painted in the small college dorm. The noises filled Jungkook with happiness; he loved having his friends together. Well, most of his friends.

A knock was heard and Jungkook left the hyenas to see the guest. Upon opening the door, his smile grew seeing the missing puzzle piece.

"Yoongi-hyung!"

The boy seemed paler than usual with bags under his eyes. He strained to smile, but Jungkook noticed the force of it.

"Are you okay, Hyung?"

Yoongi nodded and walked past the boy, leaving Jungkook concerned.

"Ah, Hyung!"
Everyone cheered at his presence, patting his back and exchanging greetings. Taehyung leaned forward into his field of vision.
"Where have you been? You never accept our invites."

Yoongi avoided the eye contact, "Just, schoolwork is getting busy, ya know? And Soomi wants me to spend my free time with her so... " He shrugged.  The boys exchanged looks of concern at the name. Jungkook placed his hand on his Hyung's shoulder.

"Are you and Mina good?"

The two had a history of fights and tears. Yoongi wasn't the violent type, he had a silent fury. So, whenever there was yelling in the other room during a party, it was fairly obvious who the high pitched voice belonged to. Soomi came into Yoongi's life adruptly, no one having any knowledge of her. Jungkook was the most surprised and also the most devastated.

Yoongi and Jungkook were always honest about everything. They never had any secrets and they were each other coping mechanisms. After Soomi appeared, that close-knit relationship widdled away. Jungkook assumed Soomi was the jealous type and he tried to understand that, but it's hard to let go of the best thing in one's life.

Yoongi gave Jungkook a sideways glance. "We are fine."

There had been an incident. Yoongi had gotten very secluded. The boys almost filed a missing persons report when the university said he had gone to all his classes. Jungkook, personally felt the most hurt as Yoongi would run away at every meeting. He decided to go to Yoongi's dorm. Soomi had answered the door and slammed it in Jungkooks face. He stood in shock for a moment and then knocked again.

"Where's Hyung?"

"None if your fucking business."

Jungkook clenched his fists in anger. He dialed Yoongi's number and heard the phone ring on the inside. There was a muffled, "If you answer that phone, you will regret it."
The ringing stopped, but Jungkook noticed the call was still on.

"Hyung?"

"I'm sorry, Jungkook." There was yelling in the background.

He began to panic, "Hyung, what's wrong? Please, answer the door. I need to see your face."

"I can't." More yelling.

"What do you mean? Hyung-"

The door swung open revealing Soomi. She threw a phone at the wall behind Jungkook, causing him to flinch. The line went dead.

"Leave us alone, fag."

The door slammed again. With more yelling from the inside, Jungkook felt tears come to his eyes.

The group of boys started to wane down, the night coming to an end. It was starting to feel like old times. Yoongi was smiling which made everyone a little warm inside. Jungkook was the only one still suspecting something off. Yoongi never looked at him directly and only spoke to him in short, stiff sentences.