jealous /// vhope

Hoseok walked down the school halls anxiously. He bit his lip and looked through all his papers. Putting everything in his locker, he leant on the cold metal and rubbed his temples.

A pair of arms wrapped around his torso.
"Hi Hyung."
Hoseok relaxed in the hold.
"Hi. "

Taehyung frowned, "Are you okay?"

Hoseok grimaced and pushed himself away, "I'm fine, just a little stressed."
He avoided eye contact and gathered his things.

"oh," Taehyung seemed disappointed.
The older rolled his eyes and held out his hand, signaling for the other to grab it.
Taehyung grinned ear to ear and skipped off with Hoseok. The two talked and laughed until it came to for them to separate into different classes.
They released hands when the bell rang, and immediately connected when it rang again.

Hoseok remained quiet the whole way home. He felt a squeeze on his hand and looked up at the source.

"Are you okay, hobi?"

Mentioned just nodded and closed his eyes, breathing in the crisp, spring air. They walked in silence. Neither felt quite at peace with the heavy atmosphere. Still, they walked.

As Taehyung stood in front of his lawn, he looked at the silenced one, almost expectantly.
Confused, Hoseok rapidly thought of something,
"Uh, wanna hang out at Namjoons again? He got a new stereo."

Taehyungs face dropped. A scoff slipped out, surprising the older, "Well, why I would love to hangout with Namjoon, Jimin asked me to join him for dinner."

The comment made Hoseok angry for some reason, "dinner? What, like a date?"

Taehyung glared at him, "I guess you wouldn't know, you're too busy with your own problems," and with that he stormed across the grass into his home.
Hoseok blinked.

"What just happened?"
___________

Hoseok flopped on his bed with a sigh. Taehyung had been confusing him so much lately, even if it wasn't on purpose. He felt so happy and at peace when he was with the boy, but he had problems showing it. When they were apart, he was lost and lonely, longing for the next moment of bliss. Taehyung was euphoric. An absolute masterpiece and Hoseok knew their friendship wouldn't last long.

Hoseok loved Taehyung.

He loved the box smile that would make his eyes crinkle. He loved the deep voice that sent shivers down his spine. He admired the aura of confidence that emitted from Taehyung. He fucking loved it when Tae got mad and his jaw tensed up and you could see his veins popping from his muscular arms. But, most of all, he couldn't live without the daily texts and calls and just contact from the sweet boy.

Hoseok hated being jealous.

It was the worst feeling in the world. Wanting something you know you cant have and then seeing someone else obtain it with ease. Hoseok knew Taehyung would never even look at him as a potential lover. They were friends, and that is all they would ever be. Jimin was a different story. He had the perfect body, a sweet and charming personality, and he had the most attractive face.

Hoseok thought he was decent, maybe in certain angles with good lighting, he could be considered alluring. He felt insecure which was another thing he hated. You could never stop the negative thoughts. Insecurities would claw away at his heart and mind, convince him that he was disgusting. He would usually feel that way when Taehyung hung out with Jimin or any other cute guy.

This time was different. Hoseok was just sad. A little angry. He stared at his cell phone. Glared at it and shook it in frustration.

He clicked the contact name "tae 😈" and started typing a message.