Severus looked livid and said, "No it is not. Detention for the next week Mr. Malfoy and I will make it a month if I hear of another incident like this. Now get over to the Slytherin table before I make it longer."

Draco looked wide-eyed at his sudden outburst and ran to the Slytherin table with his friends on either side of him.

He asked Hermione, "Miss Granger are you alright?" slipping back into his usual bored monotone.

"Yes thank you," Hermione said looking up from Ron's shoulder and sniffling.

When she nodded she put her head back in his shoulder and kept crying. Harry and I looked at each other unsure what to do.

Severus said, "I will leave you then. If anything like this happens again notify a teacher immediately. I am sure they will take care of it properly."

With that he strode down the aisle looking thoughtful. He swept right out of the doors nearly bumping into several kids.

Neville said, "Well we'll leave you to it then," he and Seamus walked away and sat with some other Gryffindors who questioned them immediately.

Hermione took her head off Ron's shoulder and said, "I'm going to the dorm for a little while. I'll meet you in Defense Against the Dark Arts."

"Do you want me to come with you," I asked gently.

She shook her head and went out of the Great Hall wiping her eyes. Harry Ron and I looked at each other.

"I'm going to kill him!" Ron whispered severely.

"Okay well I'm going to go walk around the grounds. I just need to think," I told them.

They nodded and I hastily made my way out of the Great Hall looking back to see them eating while talking in hushed whispers.

I sighed and took off towards the dungeons. Something was bothering Severus because I knew he never let his emotions show. When Ron had told him what happened he completely broke character and that scared me. On my way down the many staircases and corridors I thought about my detention tonight. It was going to be me Harry and Draco in one room with Severus. I supposed that could propose a problem. I was glad that Draco had gotten detention from Severus. He deserved it but I wasn't sure if Severus would give it to him since he liked him so much.

I tried to open the door to the classroom and found it locked. When I muttered the spell to open the door the door swung open. Severus was nowhere to be seen. I knew that he must be in his office then. I went further into the dungeons to his office and opened that door with a spell too.

He had his head in his hands at his desk but looked up when he heard the door open. At first he stiffened but then his body language relaxed slightly.

"Oh it's you," he said relieved.

"Who else would it be?" I inquired.

"The only people who would come to see me would be you or Dumbledore and I can't talk to him right now."

"Does that mean you'll talk to me?" I asked hopefully.

"No." he snapped.

I walked towards his desk and pulled up a chair beside him, "What's wrong? You totally snapped back in the Great Hall, something is up."

He wouldn't meet my eye and said, "Nothing."

"Obviously it was something or I wouldn't be here."

"You didn't need to come. Like I said it is nothing."

"Yes it is and I'm staying here until you tell me what."

"You have other classes to go to today," he said smugly.