197

In a split second Sam and Gabriel stood in the bunker.

All was quiet but was clearly disturbed and wrecked,the aftermath of a certain Winchester break down. Sam called out for his brother while Gabriel stood quiet, looking at the mess. The books scattered, the book cases tipped over, the pungent stench of despair.

Sam ran as fast as he could. It was not enough. It was too late.

Gabriel heard the agonizing yell of the younger Winchester.

Gabriel slowly made his way to where both Winchester's were. Each step down the long hall echoing. He stood and watched silently as Sam held his brother's body. The splatter of dried blood stained the wall where the older Winchester had died. The gun laid on the ground, a finger still loosely on the trigger.

Sam held on tight to Dean's body, his cold lifeless body. Tears threatened to fall as Sam thought of a way to bring his brother back. It was a long shot but still Sam turned to Gabriel with a look he could not say no to.

***

"Sam, slow down. Do you really want to bring him back? After everything he's done to you?"

Sam lunged at Gabriel, pinning him up against the nearest wall. "Listen. Dean is my brother and I'm going to bring him back somehow. Whether you want to help me or not."

"Dean would never kill himself unless he completely lost hope or wanted to bring someone back." Gabriel watched as Sam looked back at his brother's body which now lay on his bed positioned as if he were just asleep despite the rather large bullet entry wound in his forehead.

"He's my brother." Sam barely said above,a whisper.

"When does that change anything? You told me you were happy without anyone from your past. What happened to that?" Gabriel sighed.

"I was happy but not a day went by that I didn't think of my brother. How he might be doing."

"That doesn't sound happy, Sam."

"I just want to know why," he looked back at Gabriel," What drove him to do this to himself and I am not stopping until I know why."

Gabriel nodded and with that simple nod vowed to help Sam uncover what led to the death of his brother.

●●●

Hey everyone. I'm sorry about not giving you an update sooner. I've tried but every time I try to write anything I go blank and it's been bad. Again, I am sorry.
And I'm sorry about where this chapter went, how poorly written it is and how shitty it is overall.
I'll get you guys another update by the end of the week, the latest will be Sunday.

How many days do you have left of school? If you're already out, how long?