21

Dean wiped his forehead with the back of his hand while standing with Cas just outside the demon trap. They shared worried glances then looked back at Sam.

"What do you think has happened to him?" Cas asked.

The question hung heavily in the air. Dean spoke softly, "maybe demon possession? A spell? I'm not sure." He sighed and walked over to Cas, hugging him tightly. Cas slowly hugged back, relaxing into the hug. "Cas, I'm so worried about Sam, he's been through enough." Dean's eyes started to water.

"It'll be okay Dean, he'll make it through." Cas reassured. He rubbed Dean's back soothingly, feeling tears soak through the fabric of his coat.

The moment was ended when they heard the sound of squealing. Sam had woken up and was watching the couple in awe. Dean grabbed a bottle of holy water and squirted some at Sam. He expected Sam to hiss or something but he just flinched and looked at Dean in confusion.

"Why am I tied up?" Sam asked, squirming around in the hand cuffs and rope.

Dean sighed and let Sam free, looking at him suspiciously. "What happened to you?"

Sam stood up and sighed,"you guys happened to me."

"What do you mean?" Dean looked at Cas then back at Sam.

"I mean, I was fanboying duh." Sam rolled his eyes and walked past Dean, back to his room.

Cas and Dean shared a look before following after Sam. "I'm going to start researching. Cas, I want you to keep an eye on Sam." Dean said, walking to his laptop. Cas nodded and went to check on Sam.