155

"Maybe we should go on a hunt together?" Dean said, walking into the main room where everyone was sitting.

"No." The three said in unison.

Dean frowned but refused to let this get him down so he pulled on a smile and sat on the table. "When's the last time you guys went on a hunt, huh?" He asked, looking at the quiet bunch.

Nobody said anything.

"I might as well go hang with Crowley," Dean sighed,"at least he knows how to show someone a good time." He mumbled, walking out of the room.

Cas watched Dean walk out of the room, looking at Sam. Sam averted his gaze from Cas and looked at his lap. "Sam go spend time with your brother." Cas demanded.

"Why? So you can leave him again!?" Sam snapped, standing up. Gabriel looked at Sam then at Cas, huffing and leaving the room. "Why don't you go spend time with my brother? !"

"He's your brother not mine, Sam." Cas said sternly, seeing Dean standing in the doorway from the corner of his eye.

"I DON'T CARE, OKAY?! THIS WHOLE TRIP WAS A BIG MISTAKE AND- AND I WISH I NEVER CAME!" Sam screamed, his hands in fists.

"WELL, NOBODY ASKED YOU TO COME HERE SAM!" Dean yelled from the doorway, a hurt expression on his face. Sam spun around to see Dean glaring at him with a stony expression. Sam sighed dramatically and stormed out of the room, shoving past Dean. "Bitch.."

"Fucking jerk.." Sam grumbled, slamming the door to his room. Gabe sat on the bed and looked up at Sam, clearly stressed. "What's wrong with you?" Sam snapped at Gabe.

"Samsquatch, you need to calm your antlers. You've only been here for what, four days? You are the one who wanted to see him." Gabe said, standing and walking over to Sam.

Sam looked away from Gabe, guilt springing in him. "I'm so sorry Gabe.." Sam wrapped his arms around his husband, crying. Gabe sighed and rubbed Sam's back soothingly.

Cas was still sat on the table as Dean walked over. "Your beard is gone." He pointed out, offering a smile.

"I originally did it for Sam.." Dean looked at Cas sadly, sitting in a chair by him. "Cas, I don't know what to do anymore." He coughed which turned into sobbing. Cas just stared at Dean sympathetically, not knowing what to do. "Did you know that not one single fucking day didn't go by that I didn't think about my brother. I've practically raised the kid but now I guess I'm just some shit brother, huh?" Dean glared at his lap, silent tears rolling. "You know.. if you want to leave, do it. I don't need any of you.." he turned away from Cas.

"Dean.." Cas started, hopping off the table.

"Save it. I don't want your pity, Cas. Your mind has been on other things since you go here, trust me I noticed, so just go back to wherever you came from." Dean then got up and walked to his room.

Cas thought about leaving without another word but he couldn't leave Dean again, not when he needed him

▪▪▪

Dean just never gets a break, does he?