194

Sam and Gabriel had not talked since the fight. It had been weeks.

Sam had left the bunker, leaving Dean without mention. Dean was devastated.

Dean had lost his husband and brother. He had lost everything important to him.

**

"Dean, I'm not going to help you look for Castiel."

"Why the hell not?!"

"He simply doesn't want to be found."

"Goddamnit Crowley! You think I don't already know that!"

"Well you are a Winchester."

"And what's that supposed to mean?!"

"Goodbye Dean.

Dean threw the phone across the room, a dull thud when it hit the floor. Dean just stared at the device, thinking of calling Cas again. He had tried so many times but no answer. Maybe this time would be different?

Dean climbed off of his bed onto the floor, he took a deep breath and picked up the phone. "C'mon Cas..." Dean muttered into the phone. No answer. He threw the phone once again and looked around the room, his head spinning. No Sam was there to talk him out of anything, no Cas was there to hold him and tell him he's okay, no Gabriel to be a dick to. Nobody was there for poor Dean.

It wasn't his fault, he thought.

Maybe it was, he decided.

Maybe if Dean had not went out for a couple of drinks without telling Cas, he would still be here. Maybe if Dean had not raised his voice at Cas once they got back to the bunker, he would still be here. Maybe if Dean had not raised his fist to Cas and shoved him against the wall, he would still be here.

Maybe if Dean hadn't accused Cas of cheating, Cas would still be here.

**

Squirrel: hey Cas...

Squirrel: we should talk

Squirrel: I've tried to leave messages when I called but your voicemail is full. I'm worried, you know. Cas, I need you.

Squirrel: you hear me? I need you.

Squirrel: I have nobody

Squirrel: please come back..

**

Breaking things and drinking has become something Dean does lately. He has nothing else to do really. He could kill himself, it had come to mind quite a few times, but he needs to be here when Cas comes back. Dean just knows he will. He has to, right?

**

It had been months.

¤¤¤

I know things might be complicated right now but if you read the other things I write, nothing ever has a happy ending.... or will it?

Alsooooo I'm thinking of writing a sequel to this but more actual chapters with the occasional text chapter. Thoughts?

Love y'all!