Chunin exams 1

"I will never understand how leaf shinobi aren't even on time when the exams are taken in their own village." Kana mutters. Akihiko is holding Midori close to him, afraid that the scary looking shinobis are going to kill her if she makes one wrong move. Midori just reads her book like normal, avoiding the eyes of other ninjas. The team next to them is the team they fought before: Joku, Nora, and Mado.

They hear the door open seeing team Kakashi, but they've decided to stay together and try to not attract any attention, to stay on the safe side. A couple minutes later they seemed to have a reunion, calling themselves the rookie nine. Midori could only think "If I haven't murdered my own mother and remained a weakling would I be apart if rookie 9? Or would I just be another genin facing death itself?" she shakes the thought away as she starts to write in her book, Akihiko noticing her actions.

"Are you okay Mido-chan?" he asks. She smiles at him and nods. He knew she wasn't okay, but didn't want to bring it up for now.

They observe the scene where a man with grey hair and glasses walk towards the group of genin. Unable to hear the words.

Kabuto

"Gaara of the sand, Rock Lee, and Midori Tuchimaru." Sasuke says. Putting chakra into my cards I reveal the boy, Gaara of the sand. After him I revealed Rock Lee, not anything special about him.

The next card I pull seems to be a bit shocking, well to him at least. I've read the files in the hokage's office, on every child of a clan just to see their relation to konoha and to Sasuke Uchiha, so in case he refuses we'll have a plan already to retrieve him.

His eyes widen, then forms a scowl. Probably memories of his brother appearing, the crime can be similar, since they both killed their mothers and had no trouble doing so, but anyone would agree Itachi's doing is far worse than Nidori's.

As he reads the cards he discovers her real name and other secrets she's kept from them, being how she survived in the forest without running into enemy ninjas, which is something that I got from a villager.

"As weak as she is this shouldn't be possible, are you sure your cards are valid?" Sasuke asks. I give of a reassuring smile.

"Of course it is, I don't have a reason to lie." I tell him. He narrows his eyes, waiting a few minutes for something to happen.

3rd

Suddenly a sound ninja launches at Kabuto, as if he attempts to land a punch but instead uses sound to hit Kabuto. Team Kuro witnesses it and they couldn't help but snicker at the scene, to them it was like the man was acting as if he was punching him and Kabuto got intimidated to the point he throws up, even though that's not what happened.

The sound of smoke echoes in the room, all the attention focused to the front, a large group of chunins and a man that stands above them all, Ibiki Morono, leader of the Interrogation unit and Konoha's best interrogator.

In the eyes of team Kuro he looked very intimidating, the scars aren't what scared them, it was the glare he had, it seemed worse than Kuroishi's. Midori was slightly scared, before leaving Konoha Ibiki interrogated her to see if she was speaking the truth. She knows what he's capable of but still is scared of him.

"There will be no fighting unless I tell you so! Or you'll be disqualified!" he shouts, his voice being deep and firm. After picking numbers and going to their seats Midori was seated next to Kankuro, a sand shinobi and puppet ninja. Akihiko was seated next to Hinata, a Hyuga and heir to the clan. Kana was seated next to Neji, from the same clan as Hinata, but is apart of the side branch.

Ibiki says the rules and Midori doesn't pay attention, unlike her other teammates. Once he said something about one failing the rest of the team fails Kana starts freaking out.

"Akihiko's reading and vocabulary has improved but his math still sucks! He has to use the headset if we want to pass." she thinks. As if he hear her he put the small device in his ear, Midori doing the same without being noticed.

"Start!" Ibiki shouts. Pencils are up and moving as many people begin to cheat. Sasuke using his sharingan, Gaara using his sand, Temari using a mirror, and others using jutsus or their kekkei genkeis.

Midori answers only the ones that involve situations and vocabulary, only avoiding the math problems until later.

1) You and your team of three are surrounded by hundreds of shinobi from an enemy village, what should you do as team leader? Figure out a weakness, if the team isn't able to, perform a jutsu that will give the team an advantage even if its a small chance, think outside the box.

2) You're a medical nin, someone is in a near death state and you're in the middle of a war, you're chakra is low and you're the only medical ninja available, what do you do? You attempt to keep their heart beating at any means possible, seal the wound with a bandage or cloth, make sure the other wounds aren't infected.

3) Name all the Kages. Hokage, Kazekage, Mizukage, Raikage, and Tsuchikage

4) the distance from your enemy and you is 197 ft, you're in a desert with the wind blowing at a strong rate, you only have two kunais and a shuriken, how long will your kunais travel until it hits the enemy?

Midori attempts to figure it out, but she was stuck and cheating would only get her disqualified. A thought then came to her mind as she notice out of the corner of her right eye that the paper is the same, she did the same with her left and it was also the same.

"If they didn't want us to cheat why did they put the same questions on paper?" she thought. She had to choice, she looks out of the corner of her eye, not moving her eyes from her paper. She only copies the math part and once she's finished she places the pencil down and holds her hands to her head.

"Hey what's the answer for the math sections?" Akihiko ask, whispering into the device, Kana replied with the answers but Midori ended up having to go back and rewrite her answers.

Kana is great in math so Midori always trusted her with money and even got her to be a tutor when she came to the village.

Time was up and some were already disqualified. They were all ready for the 10th question, all except Naruto and Akihiko.

Akihiko was finished, but it took him alot of thinking and having mini panic attacks when he saw a question he couldn't answer, luckily Midori and Kana was there to help him.

Ibiki begins to state the rules, after that alot of teams ended up leaving, but many stayed including team Kuro, but the other team from the mist left as well, thinking if they couldn't beat a group of academy students they wouldn't even have a chance in the next exam.

Naruto then rose his hand, Midori and her team slightly shocked, because they know his dream is to one day become Hokage, Midori knew better than almost anyone that his determination level is out of this world, but he probably didn't answer anything on the paper, if Ibiki or one of the chunins came around to check up close he would've already been disqualified. He slams his hand and stands up shouting "My name is Naruto Uzumaki, don't underestimate me!" he continued speaking about not giving up on his dream of becoming Hokage.

A small smile grows on Ibiki's face "You all passed." he informs. People cheered but majority were confused.

After a major outburst and broken window everyone who passed followed the wind exam proctor, Anko to the 'forest of death'.

She begins to explain about the exam and how this part won't be as easy as the writing one was, in fact, she said that there may be a chance of more deaths than people disqualified. But of course, Naruto started acting tough and the proctor went sadistic on the poor whiskers. Also a creepy grass ninja appearing more sadistic that Anko herself.

After signing forms and team Kuro getting their earth scroll they all had to go to their assigned gates.
The were met by a Konoha shinobi from the Sarutobi clan. "Hey Jiraiya Jr. I see you got you've gotten stronger." he greets. Midori smiles then the alarm rang, the Sarutobi wishes them luck as they run through the open gates.

----------

I am sooooooo late on this! I wanted to finish this before I got to school but I ended up finishing this at home so I apologize that it took longer for me to update.

I hope you liked this, I think I made it a bit boring because there wasn't a bit of comedy in it. There's going to be less comedy in these few chapters (for obvious reasons).