Chapter Thirty Seven - Declaration

Start from the beginning

"We need to be ready" Thrain said, a glint of something in his eyes. "Thrain, I know you want a good fight, but war is not something we need" Terni scolded lightly and Thrain chuckled. Always count on him to take serious situations lightly in some way. "I know Terni, but we should prepare. Keep an eye open at all times" he said, standing up and looking around the room.

"And what do you propose we do?" Thror asked. "Well-".

Mela's Pov...

I sat in my bedchambers, sipping a goblet of wine, slowly. I was waiting for my 'dear husband' to come back home. My plan was in motion, and nothing was going to stop me from getting what I want. Little did they know, Aden's 'rescue' of his siblings was also part of my play.

"He's here" Raygor said lowly, as he peeked his head into the room. "Good" I mumbled before he pulled his head back and closed the door securely behind him. I swallowed deeply before willing tears to pool into my eyes. Several seconds passed before the tears fell down my cheeks and I sniffled. I roughly wiped them away before repeating the process. I had to make my grief look believable.

When the door to our chambers opened, Floki came in to see me in tears. "What is it my love?" he asked, concern laced his tone. "He stole them, he took my children" I sobbed, throwing myself into his arms. "Who took the children?" Floki asked, anger replacing the concern quickly. "Thorin. He had his men kidnap them. They never came to the wagon with me. Oh, Floki. What will we do" I 'cried' and he tightened his hold on me.

"Thorin will regret the day he decided to cross me. First, he tries to force himself upon my wife, lies to my face and then he kidnaps my children. He is begging for a war and so, he shall have one" he said, his tone final and broached no argument. I hid my smirk in his chest.

"You will go to war for my children and I?" I asked and he nodded immediately. "You are my wife, and I love you" he said, kissing my lips softly. "Come, we must announce it to the men. You will rule over the village and all its people in my absence" he told me and I nodded, allowing him to take my arm and lead me out to the main dining hall.

All of Floki's fighting men and women were already crowded around the room, waiting for orders. Floki guided me to the thrones and I took my seat beside him. "I am sure that you all know why you have been summoned here" Floki began and there was a murmur of 'yeses throughout the room. "That fool, Thorin has disrespected me and my kin and I will not stand for it. Furthermore, he has kidnapped my children, Kida and Gillie" he announced and a few grumbles of protests were heard.

"Thorin is begging for a war, and if it a war he wants. Then it is a war he will get" Floki ended and they all raised their weapons and cheered. He then took my hand in his, kissing my knuckles softly. "Do not worry, my love. I will kill Thorin for everything he has done" he promised and I gave him a small smile. "Yes, my love" I whispered as I kissed his lips softly. When he pulled away, a slave boy came over with a coal pencil and a sheet of parchment. "Are you ready boy?" he asked the slave and the boy nodded, "Yes my Jarl" the boy responded, preparing to write.

"Thorin, you have disrespected me and I will not stand for it. You tried to rape my wife, you lied to my face then you kidnap my children. That is more than enough disrespect from you. You want a war, and so you will have one. I will have my children back, and I will take your head as payment for your crimes. Jarl Floki" he spoke and the boy quickly wrote it all down. when he was finished, Floki read it over before handing it back to him. "Good, have a messenger deliver this to Thorin" he ordered and I took it from him, nodding.

"Raygor, take the fastest horse in the stables and take this message to Jarl Thorin" I ordered him and with a brief nod, he took the now folded piece of parchment from my hands and left the main hall. I watched as the door closed behind him and I fought a grin, my plan was in action and there was nothing stopping me now. I will have everything I desired shortly.

Thorin, you will be mine.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valin's Pov...
I was out in the yard, training with Aden. His siblings and Thistle were standing to the side watching us. "Very good Aden, you have improved" Thror praised, causing the boy to smile, kindly. It has been but a day since we had gotten back to the village, and there was no word from Jarl Floki yet. Thror wanted everyone ready for anything, Aden and I were to always carry our weapons, in case there is an attack.

"Again!" Thror ordered and I swung my sword at Aden, who easily countered the blow. Before I could attack again there was a loud blare of a horn, signaling someone approaching the village. Looking towards the gates, I could see a single man on horseback riding hard towards the closed gates. "Who do you think it is?" Thistle said as she joined us. "We will have to wait and see now would we not" I told her, as I sheathed my sword and made for the main hall.

When I got there, Thorin was already waiting, Thrain and Nikhil was at his side and Terni sitting on a bench beside Nikhil. "Who is it?" Thror asked; "A messenger from Floki" Thrain answered. Moments later, the doors were pushed open and two of Thorin's men came in, escorting the messenger between them.

"Jarl Thorin" the man nodded, and Thorin nodded curtly at him. "What is your business here?" Thorin asked, his voice, loud and authoritative. It caused a shiver to travel down my spine. "I am here to deliver a message from Jarl Floki" the man answered, slipping his hand into his pouch and producing a folded piece of parchment. One of the guard took it from him and handed it to Thorin. He opening it and read it silently before passing it to Thrain. "He truly wishes to start a war with me" Thorin asked and the man nodded. "He does, and he wants your head" the man smirked.

"I know, I read it. Leave, tell your Jarl that if he wishes to have my head, he will have to come and get it" Thorin told him. Before waving his hand and the guards took the man back out. "It looks like you were right Thrain, there will be a war after all" Thorin said and I walked over to him. "We will get through this, your men and women are trained, everyone knows what to do when the time comes. We will win this" I told him, my hand softly caressing his bearded jaw.

He gave me a small smile before leaning down and capturing my lips with his own. "I know, but are you ready for this war?" he asked me and I nodded.

"I am ready for anything if you are by my side" I told him honestly, causing him to smile down at me. "As am I"

............................................................................................................................................................................................................
Well hello there.
I apologize for the ridiculously long wait. But I have my reasons.
1. I had writer's block.
2. This is my last year of secondary school, I had my last exams to get done. It's not done yet but I owe all of you loyal readers.

So I am sorry for the wait. 

Thank you all for all the reads, votes and comments.
And thank to you for continuing to read this book.

XxNikkyxX