Chapter 26

I rolled over in my bed as I felt gravity increasing. I started to flail my arms as I hit the ground with a large thump. I was wrapped up in my blanket as I slowly sat up.

"Not exactly how I wanted to wake up." I moaned as I turned off my blaring alarm. I went to my closet and chose jean shorts with a white shirt and black converse. I brushed my hair and did natural make up. I ran downstairs to get breakfast when I saw Macey.

"Ma? What are you doing here?" I asked going up to her.

"I just came to say hey. Plus, I'm good on finals. No more college for me! Well, for now." She said sitting at the table. I laughed as I grabbed toast that my mom was holding out for me.

"Well, hey. But I have to go to school. One more month. Yay." I said walking to the door as I grabbed my phone and backpack. I heard Cade honk his horn as I ran out. "See you after school!" I yelled.

"Love you! Be safe!" My mom called as I climbed into the car and we drove off.

"Morning cutie." Cade said grinning at me.

"Morning Cade." I said as I ate my toast. "Any test today?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Nope. You?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No. Ma's all done with school. Lucky. I wish high school was like college. Shorter." He nodded.

"Yep. That would for sure be nice." He said as we pulled up to school. I saw Ryan out with Lauren as I climbed out. Cade put his arm around my waist as we walked in.

"Ryan!!! I'm sorry!!! I'll change!!!" Lauren whined.

"No. Lauren, we over. Now, go to class." He said turning and walking to us. She ran away crying as he caught up.

"Hey Ry." I said smiling at him.

"Hey Em. Hey Cade." He said giving me a small hug.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"Oh. Yeah. She got on my nerves so I broke up with her." He shrugged as we made our way to our lockers.

"Well. Good for you." I said struggling with my locker. "I can never get it!" I yell in frustration.

"Babe. Calm down. I got it." Cade said twisting the lock as my locker door swung open. I sighed as I took out my books.

"Are y'all together?" Ryan asked staring at me.

"Not officially, but we've been on a few dates." I said as Cade put his arm around my shoulder.

"Oh. Okay." Ryan said walking off.

"What's up with Ry?" Myra asked as she passed Ryan and came to us.

"Who knows. Its Ry." I said. "Where's Max?" I asked noticing he wasn't with her.

"I don't know. He said he had to do something." She shrugged opening her locker. When her door opened, confetti came flying out and a sign un rolled that said turn around. Myra did as the sign said as she started to cry. Max was stood there in a suit and a bouquet of roses in his hand. "Oh Max." She muttered as he took a step towards her.

"Myra. Will you do me the honor and going with me to my senior prom?" He asked. She nodded as she fell into his arms.

  "Max, I would love to." She smiled. He smiled ear to ear as he handed her the roses.

  "Emily," Max said looking at me. I looked to him with a shocked look. "I talked tot he principle and told her your situation and she agreed to let you go to the prom, so." He said grinning as he motioned towards Cade. I turned my glance to Cade who stood there with Daisy's and a little box.

  "Cade. What's going on?" I asked stepping closer to him.

  "Emily. I've liked you since we broke up in sixth grade. And so now, will you go with me to your junior senior prom?" He asked opening the box that had a small delicate ring in it. I felt my eyes tear up as I ran to him hugging him.

  "Cade. Of course." I muttered. He grinned taking the ring out placing it on my finger.

The ring was silver and had diamonds around a blue and purple swirled jewel

  "Oh it's beautiful." I said as I looked into his blue eyes.

  "Just like you." He said kissing me. The bell rang as we all said our goodbyes and headed to our first period. Cade intertwined our fingers as we walked into class. We took our seats and a group of kids came up.

  "We saw what happened outside. Congrats." Said a girl named Hallie.

  "Well, thanks." I said grinning at them.

  "Why do y'all even get to go as juniors?" Asked one of our popular girls named Carlie. "I mean, it's just not fair to the rest of us." She smirked.

  "Carlie. Just leave them alone." Said Hallie.

  "Why should I?" Carlie asked.

  "Because it's her personal life that you shouldn't be worrying about." Hallie said scowling at Carlie.

  "Well I still think it's unfair." She said still smirking at me. I stood up and stomped up to Carlie.

  "Carlie! I'm not going to be here next year! I'm going to A&M a year early! So how about you deal with the next month of life being unfair!" I yelled as she stopped smirking. Then she started up again.

  "Huh. Nerd alert." She muttered.

  "Well, I don't care! Because I'm going to be able to provide for my family because I got into a good college! So shut your trap!" I finished as I turned on my heels and went back to my seat. I sat down and huffed out a breath.

  "Don't let her get on your nerves. Only one more month with her." Cade said taking my hand. I nodded. He lifted my hand and kissed it.