Chapter 11

I slid on my shoes as I ran down the stairs to get breakfast. I was greeted by Bailey running around. I scooped her up and tickled her. She nearly passed out in my arms.

  "What are you doing?" I ask looking at her.

  "Pretending Logan's chasing me." She said a grin on her face, being replaced by a frown. "Will Logan ever get better?" She mumbled. I sighed kissing her head.

  "I don't know." I said. She gave me a huge hug as I set her down and went to the living room where Logan was sat watching tv. "Hey bud." I said sitting next to him. He waved, still fixed on the tv. "How are you?" I asked. He shrugged. A single tear fell down my cheek, and Logan looked up at me.

  "Em!! Please don't cry!! I don't like seeing you cry!!" Logan yelled. I wiped my tears as I picked him up and sat him on my lap.

  "I love you bud. Please don't ever change." I said. He smiled and hugged me.

  "Why do I feel so yucky?" He asked me. I sighed.

  "Because the cancer bug is eating you." I said softly. He nodded, knowing that that was all he would get out of me. I got up and went to get food. There I saw Ryan.

  "Ahhhh!" I screeched. He chuckled wrapping me in a hug to calm me down. When I did, I swatted him. "What the hell-o are you doing here?" I asked, preventing myself from swearing. He laughed at my poor attempt. 

  "Coming to comfort you on this hard day." He said. I sighed as I started to cry.

  "I can't believe we're shaving his head today. He's so little." I cried. Ryan pulled me to a tight hug as he let me cry into his chest. I felt a small body hug my leg, and when I looked down, Logan was hugging my leg. I bent down and hugged him.

  "Stop crying Em." He said with a shaky voice. My shirt started to get wet, as I knew he was crying. I held him closer as he cried.

  "Stop crying bud." I whispered. He nodded wiping his tears. I lifted him to my hips as my mom came out. She looked where Logan was before searching the room panicked. "Mom, over here. On my hip." I say as her head darts in my direction. She sighed as she came to us.

"How's my little sick buddy?" She asked, kissing his forehead.

"Good." He said, smiling.

"Great." She said. "Hurry and get food. We'll leave in five minutes." She said leaving the kitchen. I nodded, placing Logan in his chair.

"Cereal good bud?" I asked searching the pantry.

"Yeah." He said. I grabbed our favorite cereal, Froot Loops and some milk, pouring two bowls of cereal. I headed to the table and gave him one and I took the other. Ryan was on his phone the whole time.

"Babe, what you looking at?" I asked. He looked at me startled.

"Nothing." He shrugged, putting his phone down.

"The last time someone told me that, I broke up with their ass. Now tell me." I said. Ryan looked at me shocked before nodding to my brother who was laughing. I looked at Logan who repeated what I said.

"I broke up their ass." He giggled. Ryan and I both laughed as Macey stared at him.

"Who the hell taught him that??" She exclaimed storming in.

"Who the hell!" Logan copied. Ryan and I continued to laugh as Macey went to him looking at him with a stern look.

"No. Don't say that. Don't say hell or ass. Not good words." She said. He nodded. My mom walked in as she cleaned up our mess, and grabbed  the keys.