Chapter 24

"I'm home!!" I yelled as I walked in the house.

"Em! Get in here!" My mom called. I went to the kitchen to see my mom and Matt sitting at the table holding an envelope.

"Yes?" I asked sitting down.

"This came in the mail." She said handing it to me. I looked at it and it said "Emily Watson. From The University of Texas A&M."

"It's from A&M!" I said staring at the letter.

"Open it." My mom said. I nodded ripping it open. I started to read.

Dear Emily Watson,
Thank you for sending in your application. We enjoyed reading all about you and your life. We are proud to announce that we are providing you with a scholarship for your amazing grades. The only thing we are asking is that you come to our university next year to start your studies a year early. Congratulations and we look forward to seeing you next year.
-The University of Texas A&M

"Mom. They accepted me!" I said still staring at the letter.

"Em! That's great!" She said smiling.

"But they want me to skip my senior year and go in early." I muttered.

"Em. Are you okay with that?" Matt said looking at me with a frown.

"I really want to go to A&M." I said.

"But are you okay with skipping with your senior year?" He asked again.

"I really don't want to, but if it's what it takes to go to the university, then yes. I'm good with it." I said.

"Then, there you have it. You're going to A&M next year." He said smiling.

"Yeah. I'm going to A&M next year." I said quietly. "I'm going to A&M next year!" I exclaimed. I jumped up and down as I grabbed my phone to see Cade had texted me. I stopped as my cheeks burned and my stomach filled with butterflies.

"Emily, who is it?" Matt asked looking over my shoulder.

"No one." I said powering off my phone as I ran to my room. I slammed my door as I opened the message.

Cade;)
Em. Want to go out tonight?

I responded with:

Sorry, no. I said I needed some time and I just haven't had enough time. I'm sorry. When I'm ready I'll tell you.

I set my phone down to start my homework. I had three pages of pre-cal, four chapters for reading, and two chapters for science. Then I had to write an essay for history. SO MUCH HOMEWORK!!

"Em!" Logan called running into my room. "Em! Guess what!" He yelled as I lifted him to my lap.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Ry is here!" He said jumping in my arms. I sighed setting him down.

"Tell him to come to my room." I told him as he ran off. I closed my book as I checked my phone. Cade hasn't texted me back. Then I heard a knock as Ryan appeared in my room. He leaned against the door frame frowning at me.

"What do you want?" I asked him as un fallen tears began to sting my eyes.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"That won't cut it." I said going to my bed. He came and sat next to me.

"What will it take for you to forgive me?" He asked with sorrow engulfing his hazel eyes. I felt a single tear fall down my cheek as he hugged me. I molded to him as he calmed me with his gentle voice.

"This." I muttered as he kissed the top of my head. We stayed like this for a while. His warmth wrapped around me and made me fell safe. His voice soothed me as I cried. "I'm going to A&M." I said pulling away from him looking in his eyes.

"Wow! That's great!" He said smiling.

"The thing is, I'm skipping my senior year. I'm going next year." I muttered. He said nothing, just pulled me close to him. I hugged him as we sat there.

"I can't loose you." He whispered. I shook my head.

"And you won't." I said.

"I've already lost you. I lost you when I made the mistake expressing my feelings. I knew nothing good would come out of it." He muttered. "I can't risk you leaving." He finished.

"Ry. You won't loose me. I'll always be your best friend." I said kissing his cheek. "I like Cade." I said abruptly looking at my lap.

"I know." He whispered. "I've known. That's the main reason I broke up with you. I would of stayed with you but it was clear you didn't love me anymore." He said. I nodded in defeat.

"I'm sorry I never told you." I muttered as I rested my head on his chest.

"Don't worry about it." He sighed. He put his arm around my shoulder and we stared at the walls. We loved doing this. Just the two of us and no one else. It was like us against the world.

A/N
Omg!! No senior year for Emily!! I'm actually really excited to write the chapter where she goes away. In my last book, Life's Long Journey, I wrote a goodbye scene and I loved it. There were so many emotions. Bye, thanks!!!